'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Harden Beck, Harden, West Yorkshire

Harden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Congratulations to Joe McElderry...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 21:36 on 13th December 2009

I think members will agree with me that congratulations are in order for X-Factor winner Joe McElderry. What a great voice this young man has. On behalf of all of us at Pictures Of England Joe allow me to wish you all the very best for the future, you deserve it! Very well done indeed!!

What do you say members?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
Posted at 06:59 on 14th December 2009

Yes congratulations to Joe! He has a fantastic voice and although one of the youngest contestants one of the most mature in my opinion! I can see that his family keep his feet firmly on the ground. When they asked if his mother knew he could win all along she said no! As with many of our Geordie stars he is down to earth- that's how they manage to keep successful. Good luck to him and I am glad I voted for him because he deserves it.

I think all the girls will be after my lad Joe now!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:13 on 14th December 2009

10 million votes caste and he got two thirds of them apparently. Wow, great stuff Joe!

By the way Stephanie, Anna says Joe is her lad so keep your hands off him!! Lol

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:46 on 14th December 2009
Will he be number one at Christmas though? I don't think so, what say you members?
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
Posted at 06:50 on 16th December 2009
On 14th December 2009 08:13, Ron Brind wrote:

10 million votes caste and he got two thirds of them apparently. Wow, great stuff Joe!

By the way Stephanie, Anna says Joe is her lad so keep your hands off him!! Lol

Oops - I nearly edited instead of quoted - too early in the morning! I meant my eldest son Joe, Ron - he is a a little bit of a look alike for Joe McElderry! Anna - we can share the other Joe! LOL

In a way I hope that X-Factor don't keep the hold over Christmas No 1 but I am torn as I love Joe McElderry's voice and he is a lovely lad so I would be disappointed for him. Wished they had done a really good Christmas song like last year.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 07:59 on 21st December 2009
On 14th December 2009 17:46, Ron Brind wrote:
Will he be number one at Christmas though? I don't think so, what say you members?
As above and predicted 14th December 2009, it has just been confirmed that Joe has to take second place to umm, err, well he's in second place!! Its a shame Joe because your song is better.....I think!! What do you think members?
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
Posted at 09:08 on 21st December 2009

I agree Ron. I tell you what I think is ironic - the idea of making Rage Against the Machine Christmas No 1 was to stop people acting like sheep and buying the X-Factor single to get it to No 1 every year. What this has achieved in my opinion through the Rage Facebook campaign is to prove that people are sheep buying such a completely rubbish song and being told what to do my the likes of the baffoon Chris Moyles and Radio One!

Joe's song was much better and at least he can sing! (I like Rock music by the way but that Rage Against the Machine is just a lot of noise!!)

Why didn't people buy George Michael's new Christmas song and get back to the tradition of having a real festive Christmas No 1.

I hope this doesn't affect Joe's career - I really love his voice.

Kahu
Kahu
Posted at 09:15 on 21st December 2009
The test will be in how many people can hear and remember the words to the so-called christmas 'music'. I'm a great fan of Hayley Westenra, but I admit I've not heard a lot of Joe McElderry before .... so I'll keep my ears wide open!  Sounds like this was just one great big commercial stunt with Sony music coming out on top.
Jason T
Jason T
Posted at 11:40 on 21st December 2009

People are sheep, always have been always will be!!   but i'm glad rage against the machine are number one!! i brought that album when it first come out years ago!!

Thing is people have to be sheep to make number ones! if people were just left to it, all sorts of random music would be brought, and there probably wouldn't be any great number of any paticular song sold!  but people like to be told what to like and what to buy, it must be something to do with belonging to a tribe!!??

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:05 on 21st December 2009

Jason, I reckon its 'so rubbish' that if and when it gets aired on the radio, I will change stations immediately.

As Stephanie says: I like Rock music by the way but that Rage Against the Machine is just a lot of noise!! And lets face it who really wants to hear that sort of obscenity? Well, that said obviously a lot, or was it a protest, but doesn't that just say something about our youth of today?