Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

BBC News says "Grit running out in West Berkshire"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:41 on 6th January 2010

How disgraceful is that? They knew the snow was coming so what is the matter with our 'elected' representative's? Maybe it's time for change!!

Hope you are okay Paul, take it easy mate. Thinks....maybe you need to start clearing the roads with a heater or something right now (hair dryer perhaps?) in time for the 25th (nod, nod, wink, wink) Lol

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:32 on 6th January 2010

BBC News also says England, Scotland and Wales is running low on salt............WHY?

It was forecast for goodness sake!!!

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 23:04 on 6th January 2010

West Berks Council now have 3 days worth after getting a few tons from their friends at West Sussex Council.

Drove 15 miles into work on an unscheduled visit this afternoon after leaving Mon AM to a new site, as new staff couldn't make it in and a colleague had spent 22 hours on duty and I think ready to go home-----if anyone could come in to relieve him.

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:6th January 2010 23:08
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:39 on 7th January 2010

What a nightmare Paul!

There was no grit left in our bins to put on our treacherous cul-de-sac - but I did notice that some of the people round the corner had really clear drives! How silly is that - it should be used for the roads not the drives and they should charge them for using it on their drives!

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 07:58 on 7th January 2010
Got to work at 4PM yesterday and sent my friend home at long last for him. Left at 5-45 this AM and the so-called primary route was still pretty slippy as it was ice all the way home; then onto the side roads goes from bad to worse. Parked where I'd left from as none of my neighbors cars have moved at all, and still covered in snow. I'm now expected to go back tonight to my new site I'll be working at, so go through it all agian.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:00 on 7th January 2010
Paul, we know what the roads are like here in Oxfordshire where apparently the temperature was -18 in places, so take it easy mate.
 Please login to post to this thread...