Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Transport Minister says reduce salt gritting by 25% until Tuesday!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:24 on 8th January 2010

What a b....y disgrace, yet again!!

Local Authorities are being dictated to as a result of Browns Government failure once again!

But at the end of the day who suffers, we do! We who bail out the banks who then kick us in the teeth, we who are struggling to get to work, we who are struggling to commute even via trains, we who can't get our kids to school, we who can't get to our hospital appointments and so the list goes on....It's another failure by this Labour Government.

Gas is apparently running out, electricity has failed. I wonder how many kids and older people will lose their lives as a result? Food is in short supply, being rationed in fact in some local stores. Get real Brown, we need your help.

Industry is being told cut your gas consumption, schools are closed, grrrrrh!

Here in Oxfordshire you can just about get through, but a very slight incline and you're at the mercy of the white stuff! The people are doing their best helping out where they can but for who, for what? To perhaps allow this Government to eventually say we got you through it. I hope you remember it when the General Election comes and you are asked to put your cross in a box!

Give up Brown, give it up now! Resign, admit you can't handle the situation and pass the hot seat to David Cameron. You know its going to happen anyway, so why delay things?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 17:40 on 8th January 2010

Personal views aside, I can respect and appreciate and may even agree with you , Ron, but I also think that the 2 subjects are /or should be seperate of each other. Gordon Brown is definitely worth some consideration for change. The Gritting of the streets/ walkways etc., in my opinion, is a seperate issue. No matter which gov't is in place, keeping the population safe, secure and healthy, is the responsibility of this gov't. THAT is their job, duty, responsiblity. IF that responsibility is altered by Gordon Brown...then I say....get him out...but NOT for who he is...but for what he does or doesn't do to keep the people of this country safe, secure and healthy.

Mind you..this is only my opinion and I respect others opinions as well.

See you at the voting poll.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:45 on 8th January 2010
That's for sure Beth!
 Please login to post to this thread...