'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Pilley, Hampshire

Pilley

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Nigel Farage MEP (UKIP) has a go at EU President...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:38 on 25th February 2010
Thats the stuff! Thats what I want to hear, and I suspect it has already done him and the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) the power of good! MEP Nigel Farage basically told the EU President that nobody knows who is and the sooner he gets on his bike the better! I predict fireworks in the upcoming election. This guy Nigel Farage is going to collect some votes, love it!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 12:55 on 25th February 2010
theres a fine line between speaking your mind and being personal and rude, Ron. i agee, the new European president appears mild and unknown  (Tony Blair was'nt, lol) but youve got to be diplomatic when dealing with people, insulting them will get you (and in this case your country), nowhere. Theres an old saying that says look after the people you meet on your way up, you might meet them again on your way down!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:22 on 25th February 2010

Very true Michael, but equally sometimes you have to shout to be heard don't you?

The fact that Nigel Farage fired a few insults at the EU President certainly doesn't bother me and I am glad to be part of it! How many times have you heard Brown and/or those in opposition insult one another in PM's Question Time for example (that you listen to) or doesn't that count? In fact during PMQT they act more like kids in the playground, than the kids in the playground! Even Mr Bean got a mention!

When we joined Europe we were told we would be part of a community where trade would benefit etc, etc. Total b......t, the reality is we are now being told what to do, told what to eat, straight or bent bananas, rhubarb etc by countries that our fathers fought over. They impose Laws on our way of living and it has to stop. It all sticks in my gut and I want out, to be free once again to trade with the Commonwealth countries that served us so well in the past.

Further, we never got the promised referendum from Brown, we didn't elect the EU President so why should he represent us?

I hope Nigel Farage gets to read my post because he needs to know that he has my support! Election, bring it on I say!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:27 on 17th March 2010
Not long now Michael.......Lol
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:45 on 16th April 2010
Getting closer Michael...
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:16 on 2nd May 2010

Michael, had a letter from him (what do you mean who, you know who!) earlier this week. He was asking for volunteers to help pack up his belongings because he know's he is on his way out! He said he would pay me but it would have to be taxed! I said what along with the other 170 tax increases since you got involved? Lol

Yippeee, bottle of Brown Ale coming my way after next week! Lol

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:33 on 5th May 2010
Hoping that UKIP do well, we need change!
JauntyJane
JauntyJane
quotePosted at 08:28 on 6th May 2010

We would save a great deal of money if Britain pulled out of the EU altogether.  Initially a 'Free Trade' organisation, the EU is gaining more and more power by stealth.  What has let the Conservatives and the Labour Party down is their backtracking on holding a referendum to let the people decide whether or not they want further integration into Europe.

We are the second highest contributor to the European Union and what benefits have our contributions made:-

Human Rights Act, which favours the criminal and the terrorists more than the victims.

Destroyed our Fishing Industry.  Spain catch their fish under our quota system, whilst our fisherman are tied up for long periods of time, and then take it all back to Spain.

Huge amounts of money spent on Euro MP's expenses. Neil Kinnock has several members of his family collecting all these benefits.

2 Parliaments - one in Brussels and one in Strasbourg, entailing a huge amount of expense.

Huge burdens on industry with increasing red tape during a time when they have to be competitive to survive.

Britain sold off a lot of their gold reserves to prop up the Euro during its early days.

The millions saved could help reduce cuts to our front line services, although I do believe cuts are essential to our bloated public sector and our generous welfare system needs overhauling so that it does not favour the workshy.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:44 on 6th May 2010

JJ says>>>We would save a great deal of money if Britain pulled out of the EU altogether. £45 million pounds per day according to UKIP.

Thanks JJ for a post that explain's exactly our problem, I hope the people take note.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 16:50 on 6th May 2010
You didnt tie the banner correctly to the back of his plane Ron!!! its supposed to trail from a hook not the rudder!
 Please login to post to this thread...