Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Sunset at Capernwray Hall

Capernwray

in the county of Lancashire

Church near Ashwell

Ashwell

in the county of Hertfordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Lancashire tour on members tours

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 15:49 on 6th March 2010
hi all, member Sue Bistow covers the beautiful Lancashire countryside so I thought I'd show you a bit of the Lancashire Fylde coast from Fleetwood on the river Wyre in the north west of the county, through Thornton Cleveleys, Blackpool, Lytham St Anns, across the river Ribble estuary to Southport and Crosby (North of Liverpool). I have named the tour 'Lancashire tour, and it can be found in 'members tours'.  You will note that there are no smokey chimneys, back street terraced houses or pigeons as usualy portrayed by some southern film makers and photographers when portraying the 'north'. hope you like our beautiful county.Wink
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 16:40 on 6th March 2010

Oh, very, very nice Lancashirelove! You are quite right so many people (including me) think of Lancashire as "smokey chimneys", etc., this tour would certainly disabuse them. 

I see you have chosen some beautiful sunrises & sunsets for you tour - how about chosing one of each and putting it on the All Members' Favourite Tours?

How did you keep your tour hidden until you had finished it?

Very well done - a gorgeous tour

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 16:48 on 6th March 2010
thanks for that cath, it so difficult to decide which to leave out lol. Top marks for your tours and the time you take to put them together. MikeSmile
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 23:11 on 6th March 2010

I agree, Michael.  Cathy's doing a top shelf job with picture tours.

I just looked at your Lancashire tour, Michael.  Before I joined here the only thing I ever knew about Lancashire was the 4,000 holes in Blackburn.  lol  I would have NEVER thought of it as smokey and industrial, but I guess most of the bigger cities anywhere are. 

That's one of the things that is so impressive about the UK.  For the number of people living there, they've been able to keep so much open space and the quality of life that goes with it.   Even if you don't actually live in a country cottage or charming English village, you can still avail yourself of beaches, parks, and country lanes without having to go very far.  If I lived there and was stuck in some crowded city, I think I'd be out and about at least one weekend a month.  And Lancashire would be high on the list of must see places.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:25 on 7th March 2010
Thanks Ruth, I agree with what you say, I live only two minutes walk from one of the beaches shown in my tour, five minutes drive from open countryside, an hours drive from the lake district, in fact i could go on and  on yet so many around me take it all for granted.
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 04:01 on 8th March 2010
Maybe jog their memories a bit, Michael, by turning them on to POE. 
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 06:47 on 8th March 2010
Great tour Michael!
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 10:47 on 8th March 2010
Cheers! Ruth & Steph, just dipping my toe in, lol
 Please login to post to this thread...