Marylebone

in the county of Greater London

A picture of Ingham

Ingham

in the county of Lincolnshire

Sunset at Instow, North Devon

Instow

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

We have 1 day....

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 12:48 on 13th April 2010
morning cathy just having a browse before i start work.Cry
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 12:54 on 13th April 2010
Hi James - have put reply on Good day!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:23 on 13th April 2010
On 13th April 2010 12:43, cathyml wrote:

Hi Rick - there is a very long standing competitiveness between Oxford and Cambridge (both have old, large Universities), Ron lives in Oxford therefore doesn't wish to name the opposition place - Cambridge. 

However, having now gone back and checked his message I am not sure, because Cambridge definitely isn't in Lincolnshire. Must have been one of his little jokes.Undecided

Chester is in Cheshire & York in Yorkshire both are extremely historic places and well worth visiting. There are many photos of both places here on POE.  Why not check them out and see what they have to offer?

Hi Rick. Cathy is correct, we here in Oxford don't mention the 'other' word and so I was trying to be funny in suggesting that it's not where one might expect it to be. Sorry if it confused you, but the reality is that BOTH are very nice places to visit (see got away without mentioning it again.) Of course Oxford is by far the nicest place to visit! Lol

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 16:07 on 13th April 2010

Hi Cambridge is in Cambridgeshire Lol

Cambridge graduates tend to be technical, practical people such as scientists, inventors etc whilst  Oxford graduates tend to be 'dreamers' such as poets, writers and polititions.

Rick Scott
Rick Scott
quotePosted at 00:46 on 14th April 2010
My wife and I assumed that Nottingham would be a great place to visit but none of you have suggested it.  Not much to see or do there? 
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:50 on 14th April 2010

Rick may I suggest that you put "Nottingham" or Nottinghamshire (for the whole county) in the Search box in the top left corner of this page.  Click on Attractions and all the attractions will be listed in and around Nottingham (or Nottinghamshire).  Then depending on your preferences - country parks, historical buildings, Museums etc., you will be able to look at the photos of the places and choose what appeals to you most.  Other attractions close by can also be looked at and a map giving you some idea of where everything is.

The same technique can be used for any town/county that you may be interested in visiting or to compare what the place has to offer with another possible place.

Good luck, have lots of fun looking at the possibilities!Smile

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:32 on 14th April 2010
points to note Rick. The time of year! many events etc close during the winter so please check. A place of intrest close to where you will be staying is the Crich Transport museum, well worth a visit on a dry day as most of it is outside and over a large area. Vintage trams and historic things etc. Another place worth a visit close by would be Alton towers, a large manor house set in a country estate with a huge modern inland funfair.
 Please login to post to this thread...