Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Silent Cranes

Harwich

in the county of Essex

Alpine Britain

Wasdale Head

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Rotherham minister

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ian Broadbent
Ian Broadbent
quotePosted at 02:41 on 6th June 2010

If ever you are  in South Yorkshire, you certainly want to take time out to visit Rotherham Minister.

Certainly the centre of life here in Rotherham and well loved by everybody here in the town.

Here is a little bit about it on BBC South Yorkshire, including an interview with the Verger Martin Taylor, always willing to talk about the Church and its history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/content/articles/2007/01/26/faith_rotherham_minster_organ_feature.shtml

If you aren't in the UK its very likely you wont be able to listen to the interview with Martin Taylor.

Hi Ian....I have created a link to the article for you and suspect those outside the UK will be able to listen to it without trouble (providing there is a link, that is). Thanks for being part of the POE family here in the forum.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:6th June 2010 08:51
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ian Broadbent
Ian Broadbent
quotePosted at 13:13 on 7th June 2010

Hi ron forgot to point out that the link to the  BBC radio piece is in the top right hand corner Andy visits Rotherham minister with martin taylor and people will need real player installed.

The BBC can be a bit funny about some programmes been accessed from abroad,but if anyone from overseas can't listen to it I will glady email a recording of it.

Martin taylor really does have a passion for the minister

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
 Please login to post to this thread...