Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Botolph's Church, often known as Boston 'Stump'

Boston

a Seaside Town in the county of Lincolnshire

All Saints Church, Gainsborough

Gainsborough

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

TV Shows

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 Next >

Diana Kibbe
Diana Kibbe
quotePosted at 02:28 on 31st July 2010

Hi everybody in P.O.E. land, I've been popping in and out of here and would really like to know what TV shows do you all like to watch if (someone in your family doesn't hoard the remote control), when I watch TV it usually is NCIS ( which is a forensics on crime show) and Law and Order.  It's the only thing I'm allowed to watch since my mom is the remote control hoarder.  Also when there is good English mystery on public television, I like to watch, which is not often enough.  Love to hear your feedback.  I don't care what country you're from, just to hear your feedback.  

Good talking to you all.  Cheers! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 04:57 on 31st July 2010

I also like NCIS.

I don't really watch too much telly, but when I do its usually reality like, Forensic Files, COPS, and  I like the game show Wipeout. 

And of course I watch on DVD the hit show from the 1960's The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (Ducky from NCIS is in it, very young and very handsome)

Diana Kibbe
Diana Kibbe
quotePosted at 01:39 on 1st August 2010
On 31st July 2010 04:57, Sue wrote:

I also like NCIS.

I don't really watch too much telly, but when I do its usually reality like, Forensic Files, COPS, and  I like the game show Wipeout. 

And of course I watch on DVD the hit show from the 1960's The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (Ducky from NCIS is in it, very young and very handsome)

Hi Sue, I watch cops on occasion I forgot all about that one. I was born in the sixties, I think I had heard of it.
Diana Kibbe
Diana Kibbe
quotePosted at 02:38 on 2nd August 2010
Hello England, are you out there?  I really want to hear from you guys.  What shows do you like to watch on the telly.  I love to hear from you.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:27 on 2nd August 2010

diana,english tv is not very good its ok if you like soaps you cant beat a good western or war epic,another thing we have too much of is quiz shows there is not enough knowledgeable programmes.

Diana Kibbe
Diana Kibbe
quotePosted at 01:47 on 3rd August 2010

Hi James, thats too bad, the ones I see on public tv are like Sherlock Holmes, Lovejoy mysteries, or Perout. I'm sure there are others you guys don't get those shows in England, I'm suprised that you don't.  I know these ones I just mentioned are off the air now, but they come back now and then as reruns.

Also, what part of England are you from. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:23 on 3rd August 2010
i am from the county of lancashire in the north west the best part of the country.
Diana Kibbe
Diana Kibbe
quotePosted at 01:59 on 4th August 2010
James, ha ha ha! Funny you should say that I chatted with a couple from Oxford, and they said the same thing about their town.
Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 07:33 on 4th August 2010

I'm from Belgium but watch BBC programs now and then. Or some British programs over here.

My absolute favorite is Midsomer murders. Unfortunately is John Nettles ending is character and I don't fancy someone new.

What I also like about English television are their many shows about the country and history. Like wainwright walks, countryfile.

It' s a pitty I can't see all those history shows because it's mostly on ITV

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:48 on 4th August 2010
No James, Oxford really is the best! Lol
1 2 3 4 5 Next >