Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Arbroath Harbour

Arbroath

in the county of Angus

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

General chat and gossip 2

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:07 on 31st March 2011

Hi Ruth. The collared dove to which you refer above was at one time on the endangered species list here in the UK. That was not long ago and although I can't be sure of the date it was probably within the last 5 to 7 years. Today it is a pest, quite literally, they breed like there is no tomorrow! Anyway, it's a nice story.

One other point, I would bet it's a cock bird that's hanging around with you (I have a theory about male/female in birds to humans) but don't ask me how to tell the difference although the male is normally slimmer than his partner, bit like me really but I won't be showing Anna this post! lol

Where's the expert......................male or female Sue, how to tell the difference?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:11 on 31st March 2011

Hi Ron!  LOL!  I don't know what the gender is, and he or she's probably still to young to tell.  I see a lot of them outside and can't really tell any difference (even when they're ...well, you know).  Wink

Hope you and Anna are well and enjoying a lovely spring in Oxfordshire.  You need to post more pics of Wheatley, if for no other reason than to make Sue and me jealous.  lol

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:16 on 31st March 2011
Thank you for the delightful video of the goose and her man Ruth
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:18 on 31st March 2011

We are reasonably well Ruth thank you, trust your wonderful self and David fit the same criteria?

As for more pictures of Wheatley well maybe just for you, and Sue of course. Thinks.................anything to stop her knocking on our door again! lol

Only joking Sue, honest! lol

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:22 on 31st March 2011

It's absolutely gorgeous there, Ron.  You shouldn't keep it all to yourself.  Tongue out

David's fine.  I'll let him know you were asking for him.  I think he's finally gotten all his pics from our trip over there on a thumb drive.  I told him I'd set him up to put some of his pics on POE.

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:24 on 31st March 2011

Cathy, there's a postscript to that video.  They had to drain the lake, so they moved all the waterfowl to the LA Zoo.  Maria had the special privelege of a visit from Dominic a couple times a week.  But the biologists at the zoo determined that Maria is actually Mario.  lol

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 21:29 on 31st March 2011

Oh lol, thanks for that Ruth.

What do POElanders feel about the Libyan Musa Kusa, thought to be the mastermind behind the Lockerbie disaster, being allowed into Britain?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:30 on 31st March 2011
On 31st March 2011 21:22, Ruth Gregory wrote:

It's absolutely gorgeous there, Ron.  You shouldn't keep it all to yourself.  Tongue out

David's fine.  I'll let him know you were asking for him.  I think he's finally gotten all his pics from our trip over there on a thumb drive.  I told him I'd set him up to put some of his pics on POE. 

Waiting for Davids pictures then yawn, yawn, suppose they'll come one day. lol
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:33 on 31st March 2011

Laughing

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 21:38 on 31st March 2011
On 31st March 2011 21:29, cathyml wrote:

Oh lol, thanks for that Ruth.

What do POElanders feel about the Libyan Musa Kusa, thought to be the mastermind behind the Lockerbie disaster, being allowed into Britain?

Well, they let the actual murderer return to Libya 2 years ago, on compassionate grounds because he was near death, but to my knowledge, he's still alive.  I don't think anybody from Libya with that kind of a questionable past should be allowed into the countries they hate so much.  Just my two cents.  And no offense, but sometimes I think Britain is more PC than we are over here, and that's taking PC to the extreme, IMHO.