Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Claythorpe Mill  Lincolnshire

Claythorpe

in the county of Lincolnshire

St Bartholomew's Church.

Marsden

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Could William be the next King?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:25 on 21st November 2010

I say......YES, YES, YES!!!

That means we would have a Queen Kate maybe?

This would be accepted instantly by the public, a young couple who are in touch with the feelings of the young, middle aged and senior citizens alike meaning simply, yes we are all looking for a breath of fresh air aren't we?

The Queen is, and has done a great job. Long may she reign over us before William follows on!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 09:40 on 21st November 2010

I agree that this option has a much greater appeal, but hopefully not for a number of years yet. 

Queen Elizabeth II still seems to be held in respect by many nations world-wide and I think that can only be a benefit for Britain and it's place in the world community.

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 10:20 on 21st November 2010
And what might he call himself when the time comes?  William V or George VII  ??  I think Kate would be styled as Queen Consort.
norajean
norajean
quotePosted at 20:41 on 24th November 2010

I had wondered often how the British people felt about all of this.  Whether people wanted Prince Charles to be King, or if there were some more negative feelings against him.  William seems to be a very sensible and "together" young man, although hopefully he won't have to take that responsibility for a few years, yet.

We had been planning our trip to England for that last week in April,but after looking at prices of flights, we've found that we can save several hundreds of dollars if we leave before Mar. 31.  Now, with the Royal wedding during that week, I'm glad we are changing our dates!  It would be exciting to see, but I'm sure hotels will fill up and increase their prices, not to mention the chaos it will bring to London.  I'll just watch that on TV, thank you!  Wink 

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 21:17 on 24th November 2010

I heard that Charles would rather give it over to William so that he can concentrate on his charities! I wonder....

It would be exciting to have a younger King! ( I say that as if I live in England!!) LOL~

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 15:20 on 25th November 2010

Love it if it was George Vll (william) King Billy wouldnt be too popular Lol. , hope its Queen Catherine (not Queen consort)

As for Charles, he should pass on the title, over to Prince William, DEFINATLY NOT King Charles and Queen Parker Bowles!!!! (or words to that affect)

Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 05:30 on 26th November 2010

I remember when we were about to go to England in November 2007 my son and I would joke about whether we would get to see the Queen while we were in London.And we did ! Both of us saw the Queen when she was going to the opening of Parliament in her grand carriage ! I remember when the Royal carriage passed by my hand and consequently my camera shook so much in excitement  the picture of the Queen in all her regalia got blurred.:-)

King George VII and Queen Catherine would sound very nice I think.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 14:48 on 26th November 2010
nice comment, Urmimala, Our next king could only happen following the death of Queen Elizabeth ll which will be a sad time for us.
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 15:03 on 26th November 2010

U as your picture of HRH was blurred perhaps pages 96 and 97 0n the following link (supplied by Paul) will help your memory

Pictures of HRH The Queen and the Royal family can be seen on her new Flickr account here  http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy

Urmimala Singh
Urmimala Singh
quotePosted at 06:00 on 29th November 2010

Thank you for the link Paul .I have enjoyed looking at the pictures Lancashirelove.

During our visit to Windsor Castle our guide had showed us where the Queen did her horseriding ! I am sure she has long years ahead of her.God bless her and keep her.

Please login to post to this thread...