Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Blakeney Marshes

Blakeney

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of Nettleham

Nettleham

in the county of Lincolnshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Any thoughts on the coalition government?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

David Seager
David Seager
quotePosted at 23:19 on 22nd December 2010
Any new thoughts on the government now that some time has passed?  How about the recent comments by the head of the Liberal party (sorry, I forgot his name already!) about the Lib Dems being "in the boot"?  Sound right, or not?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Beth Austin
Beth Austin
quotePosted at 00:21 on 23rd December 2010

I think it's interesting that the parties can try to work together for the common good. This is a direct difference to the way gov't has been run previously, and therefore, I think this approach is welcomed and may just work.

It seems as tho there are some who believe it is far more important to sabotage the current working gov't and prove them to be wrong in all aspects, but, in my opinion, tis better to work with them and help them go forward with a solid gov't program than to spend more time, energy, effort and money to try to destroy something in it's infancy.

I am not saying that this gov't is good, bad, indifferent BUT at this young age of their existence, I beleive it is far better for the public to try to work with them and not work against them. the coalition may surprise people by actually making it work for the benefit of all...and NO I am not crazy....and I realize it takes more to make a new program work than to work towards destroying it and going back to what was.  What existed in prior years didn't necessarily work for the benefit of all....but rather worked for the benefit of some and those who recieved benefit from it are working harder now to get the country back to those times...not for the common good of all but for the personal gain of a few.

This is just my thought on this topic and I welcome all comments.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 11:24 on 23rd December 2010
Lots David but I cant Print them on here Lol. Happy Christmas!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:37 on 23rd December 2010

Lol Mike...I was waiting for your input. However, I could write lots about your previous Gordon Brown's lot!

It was the former Labour Government that along with others, the bankers for example that got us into this mess. It doesn't matter who had won the Election, Coalition or otherwise, the opposition is/was always going to trash the opinion of the other so why not agree to disagree and get on with each other? A Coalition Government where you pool ideas seems the right way forward to me, rather than continual bickering that costs us the taxpayers ultimately.

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 12:51 on 24th December 2010

Well Ron, This Christmas lets make a new years resolution, to look forward rather than back. I hope the country does go forward and all the gremlins of the past government are put to bed. I hate talking religon and politics but that is all that seems to dominate the news. My dear old mother (Bless) always used to say 'if you cant say something good about someone, dont say anything!' I'll take a leaf from her book and only say nice things from now on lol.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all!. 

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 12:53 on 24th December 2010
Wasnt it nice of Mr Cameron and Mr Clegg to wish us all Winka Happy Christmas?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 13:04 on 24th December 2010

What a fine fellow you are Mike, happys days old boy! Lol

Yes, nice thought and accepted. Mike and Ron in agreement from now on? Umm, err, we shall see what happens Lol

Have a great time over the festive period mate, and enjoy.

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 13:24 on 24th December 2010
have you both been on it already??
 Please login to post to this thread...