Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Minterne Magna

Minterne Magna

in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

A Challenge to all Oxfordians

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 15:29 on 23rd August 2013
Oxford is a place i have never been to--who knows one daySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:34 on 23rd August 2013
It's very nice James, I've only been once and it was just for an overnight stay, but it's surprising how much you can cram into a day. Must go back at some point now I've got Ron's eBook guide to the city.
Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 21:31 on 23rd August 2013
I love Oxford wonderful vibrant and historical. Went to a talk at Oxford University. The University is worth a walk about Tried to find the pub and area where the Inspector Morse series was filmed came close but couldnt find the exact location of the pub, was driving around with my Sat Nav.
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 00:01 on 24th August 2013
On 23rd August 2013 21:31, colleen warne wrote:
I love Oxford wonderful vibrant and historical. Went to a talk at Oxford University. The University is worth a walk about Tried to find the pub and area where the Inspector Morse series was filmed came close but couldnt find the exact location of the pub, was driving around with my Sat Nav.

If you want to explore Oxford properly, I would recommend leaving your car at home, or at least leaving it at one of the several excellent Park & Ride car parks on the outskirts of the city, and then exploring on foot. 

It is a wonderful experience entering Oxford on foot and seeing the vista of spires and college buildings in the distance and then experience walking down some cobbled streets (if you know where to find them) which must have changed very little in the last 500 years. 

Incidentally, 'The University of Oxford' is actually a collection of  38 Colleges see Oxford Colleges

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 01:00 on 24th August 2013

My grandad worked on the spires of Magdalen College. He was a stonemason. 

Check out my pictures of Oxford. The grounds of Magdalen College are stunning in the spring. 

Here is one of them.

Perfection!
Picture by Sue H

Colleen Warne
Colleen Warne
quotePosted at 02:58 on 24th August 2013
Enjoyed your pictures of Oxford. Who was Clive the name on the tombstone. I used to enjoy roaming in the graveyards in the UK not spooky at all and lots of history. What year were they taken
 Please login to post to this thread...