Marylebone

in the county of Greater London

The West Gate at Canterbury

Canterbury

a Historic City in the county of Kent

This is the Saxon Church in the village of Cockley Cley, Norfolk

Cockley Cley

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Treason

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:22 on 6th July 2011
Lol@Mick....very funny, sad that it's all true!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 21:25 on 6th July 2011
has he been ont bottle ron.?
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 21:36 on 6th July 2011
I thought Bombardier were french, must have missed the bigger picture somewhere

quote | editPosted at 22:04 on 6th July 2011
Karen, it makes no difference who owns the company.  Its the 1400 + British people in Derby who are being laid off who deserve our consideration.  Do you not have any feelings for them ?  There was a time when the British stood together.  
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 22:07 on 6th July 2011
not so much now mick not like when we were younger.
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 22:27 on 6th July 2011

Sorry Mick, but only caught the last bit on the news and caught the name didn't tie the two together....... I know what's it like to be made redundant because one company took over another and decided to cut staff by 600 as they no longer needed people with knowledge or passion for the product they were selling, it's hard and it's heartbreaking to think you put your all into your job and believe in the company, then pooof all is gone!!..That was 2 years ago, and I am still without a job as are alot of my ex-colleagues, as we are of maturing years and apparantly on the too old to employ list...scrap heap!

So, yes Mick I do understand 

Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 07:04 on 11th July 2011
Chins up folks, keep fighting and be ever hopeful
Karen Lee
Karen Lee
quotePosted at 10:14 on 11th July 2011

Not far off retirement Sally, that's how I'm looking at it....in the meantime have time for card making and my photo's, gardening... ooo it's like i've already retired.

I am ever the optimist Laughing

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 14:49 on 11th July 2011
Mick, I feel the same way about the US. All of our money goes overseas, either for natural disasters or helping with poverty, education, etc. All of our jobs are ending up in China, Japan, Mexico, Taiwan, etc. In the meantime the people in the US are suffering, we have lots of homeless on the streets, starving children, lack of education, etc. And where does all the money go? In the Politicians pockets of course! They let immigrants into the country and just about pay them to do so. They get more benefits than the US citizens. The same with the illegal immigrants. The white US citizens have become the minority! Everyone seems to have the attitude that they cannot make a difference or they just don't care and think of themselves only. The large companies take millions off of the consumer, pocket the money and offer very little for it. They control the country. Whatever happen to "We the people?" It is now "We the government!"
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 10:00 on 12th July 2011

I just had to 'hop-in' here, Hi folks.

Are we about to see Britains 'Watergate'? We have here an American-based (Australian) multi billionare (Murdock) in charge of most of the worlds 'media' trying to buy-out 'BSkyB'. His British chief  Rebecca Brooks and her partner in crime Andy Brooks have been 'spying' on British government, celebs and the general public for years. They are/were allegedly bribing Police (and God knows who else) for personal and comercial information and all the while, playing being housguests and close friends of the present Prime Minister. The PM  even gave Poulson a 'top' job in Downing Street against repected advice.What information about our Allies has this man (and his paymasters) passed to others? We have seen 'cover-up after cover-up', all (or some) of it now floating to the surface. Had Murdock been a 'Russian' this would have been one hell of a James Bond plot! The Security implications involving the PM, his government, the Police and the Royal protection Squad in this emerging 'scandal' have not seen the light in this country since the Profumo Affair of the 60's.

Is this the end of this Government and if some opposition MP's have recently recieved jail terms for 'minor' expence fiddles are we about to see more and more cover-ups and disapearing evidence? Watch this space on POE because you here first!