Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Pantiles at Royal Tunbridge Wells

Tunbridge Wells

in the county of Kent

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Treason

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 10:21 on 12th July 2011

The above should read ANDY POULSON of course, not Andy brooks.

Re. an earlier post refering to increased GAS charges. About a two months ago the operators of the Morecombe gas field, off the shore of Lancashire, announced it was about to lay off its workers and moth-ball its gas wells due to the new tax the Government has put on them. This same company has been unsuccessfully (under the last Government and local residents) trying obtain planning permission to 'store' offshore gas in disused sealed salt mines underground. It is still pursuing permission. It is my opinion that they are mothballing the wells until the wholesale price of gas rises (ie you and me paying higher prices). It is also no secret that the present government (shhh! while the sun is shining, no one will notice), has severely cut or abolished the cold weather payment for the elderly this cominig winter.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:28 on 12th July 2011

Nice to see you back in the forum Mike and of course you are absolutely right, a b....y disgrace all round!

Reckon we will all have to go back to cooking over a fire in the garden and tell the gas companies to stick their gas up their 'oil wells'.

tedb
tedb
quotePosted at 18:20 on 12th July 2011
Dew thet mearne t'honeycarts a'cummin back, tew?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:22 on 12th July 2011

Hi Edward....why not introduce yourself in 'User Introductions' for a real POE welcome. Welcome to POE by the way! lol

And t'honeycarts, what bist them? lol

tedb
tedb
quotePosted at 11:55 on 13th July 2011

I don't know to whom I should attribute the following verse that I heard recited about 20 year since.  It's beautiful, in dialect

Without it around, tell me, what will they do?  We won't see the honeycart ever again when those one or two people go on the main.  The tears in their eyes will appear with a rush as they change their buckets, for a chain, and a flush.  Our river in winter is certain to flood, but we'll always know it is water and mud.  With no honeycart to empty the load, I shudder to think what will be in our road.  But, if they'm in a muddle I know what I'll do ...  I'll invite them over to borrow our loo.

It is the cart that human effluent was carried away in before flush toilets.  I remember a cartoon of a hut, at the bottom of a garden, blowing over in a wind while the bucket was in use.  The caption read something like -  'Cor, muster bin suffin' I et' 

Edited by: Edward Brooke at:13th July 2011 11:58
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 17:04 on 14th July 2011
Hi Ron and the gang, never realy left, just keep 'hopping' on now and again (Its an age thing, lol)Smile
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 18:16 on 14th July 2011

A warm welcome to you Edward, I look forward to getting to know you through the forums.  Well done on the photos you have uploaded.

Hi Mike it is really good to see you on the forums, missed your wit and mischief!  loll

jc
jc
quotePosted at 18:43 on 14th July 2011

Good Day, "The mist of the 80"s of the land of snow, that has no guilt of the language of the land" The sights of the badge need to help instead of the main of the headache! Enjoy a personal day!

Juju

Edited by: Julie Chostner at:14th July 2011 18:44
lancashirelove
lancashirelove
quotePosted at 19:53 on 17th July 2011

Hi Cathml, missed youtoo!

Re British 'watergate' alert as afore mentioned. RB has now been arrested by the police, (not before time). However it does seem strange that the very same police force (Met) had all they needed to arrest her long before now, especialy as she is about to be interviewed by the House of Commons (Members of Parliment), 'select' commitee in two days time. She will probley now refuse to answer any questions from them quoting that her answers may prejudice any forthcoming trial. Very convienient for the Police force, for her now not to say anything when their own officers are involved in alledged bribary charges and the top-cops were slated badly for thier incompetance during last weeks 'Select' Commitee  interviews. Will the PM be next in line I wonder?

Watch this space, you heard it first on POE (For you overseas members, it wont be long before this worldwide News Corp and its criminal dealings will hit your courtrooms also! 

bandrui
bandrui
quotePosted at 04:57 on 15th August 2011
On 6th July 2011 21:36, Karen Lee wrote:
I thought Bombardier were french, must have missed the bigger picture somewhere

Canadian... HQ in Montreal.