Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Southsea Pier

Southsea

in the county of Hampshire

Tall ship at Charlestown, near St Austell, Cornwall

Charlestown

in the county of Cornwall

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Cameras you regret selling

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Mick Ascroft
Mick Ascroft
quotePosted at 19:08 on 20th May 2014

We"ve all done it at some time or another, owned a camera, sold it and regretted it straight away.

I"ve always been a point and shoot kind of guy, I did own a Canon film SLR a few years back and ive had the odd Bridge Camera but the bulk of them always puts me off and i always end up getting another point and shoot.

About 3 years ago i did a swap with a guy for a Pentax Optio S10 compact and instantly fell in love with it, picture quality was superb and it was a joy to use, i was never unhappy with the image quality it produced but my brother was upgrading his so i bought his Panasonic compact and sold the Pentax. Biggest mistake of my life Every compact ive had since just doesnt measure up to the Pentax. Ive recently bought a Canon A2500 which takes decent pics but still not as good as the old Pentax

Anyone else done the same thing 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 05:53 on 22nd May 2014

A bit of a list....in the 1980s, sold my Rollieflex 3.5E to a chap at work for £50. My 35mm cameras then wouldn't touch the quality of slides that the Rollie produced though it was a bit of an antique even in those days.

in 2005, did a wedding the customer was so pleased with the photos he wanted the camera too-- a Nikon D70 which was replaced by a D200. I missed the D70 and found a secondhand D70s to replace it. My most stolen pics on the web by far are from the D70. I like the colours the older sensor produces over later models.

part exchanged the D200 for a D300. The dealer sold the D200 the next day. Once again, the D200 colours I prefer over the D300 and would have bought my D200 back if someone hadn't snapped it up.

Two cameras I'll never sell are my Nikon D3, now 6 years old and simply does amything asked of it without fuss. As for compacts, my Canon G12 is by far my favourite, and Canon can upgrade their G Series as much as they like, but I'll stick with the G12. 

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 10:53 on 24th May 2014

I sold an Olympus FTL, which was, I think the first Olympus SLR. It came with a razor sharp 50mm lens and was simple to use with a pretty basic metereing system. It used lenses with the Pentax screw thread. I used this camera for many a studio portrait session and I sold it to party fund a couple of new lenses which soon went along with two Pentax bodies when I switched to Nikon. This I did during a period when Pentax were cpnstantly changing their lens threads and I thought it was time to go to Nikon. My D300 and D70 still can accept lenses going back I think to 1959. Maybe next year a new toy might arrive at Burkey Towers. The real question is, do I really need one?  

The FTL was soon replaced by the OM1. My father loved his OM1 and OM2.      

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 11:51 on 24th May 2014

Often wish I had kept my first camera, Praktica L, more for sentimental reasons than anything else. Had a couple of Olympus OM1's before making a hard decision to move over to Canon. At the time the Olympus 50mm f1.8 Zuiko lens was the sharpest 50mm lens around. Still have my 2 Canon F1's resplendantly on show in the cabinet. Built like tanks and 100% manual albeit with match needle metering.Served me faultlessly for many years with many great memories so will not be sold

Another one was the Zorki 4K very crudely similar to the Leica range  but really good fun to use with amazingly cheap and sharp lenses

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 12:00 on 24th May 2014

Many years ago, I sold an Olympus OM-1 to buy an OM-2, and soon afterwards regretted it, preferring the no-nonsense simplicity of the OM-1 (although the OM-2 could be used in manual exposure mode, it didn't have the same feeling as the OM-1).

In more recent times, I sold a Canon 20D to buy a Canon 50D, which being a more modern camera should have given better results, but didn't really live up to expectations.

Please login to post to this thread...