Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Carisbrooke Castle

Carisbrooke

in the county of Isle of Wight

Oakham

Oakham

in the county of Rutland

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ever seen a Ghost ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next >

Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 05:47 on 27th July 2008

Here is a true story I sent to a site some time back.

Peter B from Australia
Just came across this site whilst researching Denbigh Moors. I had not heard of the Roman soldier but in the 1960s my mates and I used to climb in the Ogwen area. One afternoon we set off from Flint via Mold and Ruthin rd. We were going to spend Xmas in the mountains. There were 3 of us in an Austin A40 van, and on a lonely road across the moors she began to boil. The head gasket had blown so we decided to walk to the nearest village for the night. It was snowing and getting dark and cold. Jim and I walked in front, Dave about ten yards behind grumbling about the whole event. When an old woman dressed in black with a shawl approached us, Jim asked directions to the nearest village hotel. She just pointed and mumbled something in Welsh then continued on. We told Dave to get a move on the lane to the pub was just up ahead, the old woman had told us. "What old woman?" he asked, he had not seen anyone. When we looked, the only footprints in the snow had been left by our climbing boots and the old woman was nowhere to be seen.
Mon Feb 18 09:46:13 2008 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
L
L
quotePosted at 08:00 on 27th July 2008
Sounds spooky, I'd love to see a ghost but never have. Seen UFO's though (Ghosts/Spooky goings on thread page 3)
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 08:03 on 27th July 2008
no
L
L
quotePosted at 08:53 on 27th July 2008
I would have thought you might have seen something like a Ghost, you living down there in Cornwall and all, no ghosts of old Pirates and ships Denzil?
Harry E Wheeler
Harry E Wheeler
quotePosted at 11:31 on 27th July 2008

Haven't actually seen one myself, Wolf, but later, I will tell of a couple of unexplained incidents which occured at the Ram's Head Hotel, in Disley, Cheshire, one of which I was directly involved, so.................watch this space.

Tell me, Denzil, if I have the wording correct of this saying which was often said when I was based on a Naval Air Station near Culdrose; it went something like this:  "From ghoulies and ghosties, and long less-ed beast, may the good Lord protect us".

And what is the meaning of Joan the Wad

Harry
Harry E Wheeler
Harry E Wheeler
quotePosted at 11:35 on 27th July 2008
That should read Long LeGG-ed beasties...trying to watch 60 minutes as well as typing...!
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 13:43 on 27th July 2008

Joan the Wad is a mythological character in Cornish folklore. Specifically, she is Queen of the pixies (or piskeys), a race of tiny creatures usually associated with the area of Cornwall and Devon. Wad is a dialect word for torch. [1] Not much has been written on Joan, as the folklore of Cornwall relied on oral tradition for hundred of years.

there you are Harry and all
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 14:42 on 27th July 2008
Yes, I have seen a ghost, and heard one. I think I posted the story on another thread, so will go looking for it so I can cut and paste.
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:24 on 28th July 2008

Wolf!!!  I love the paranormal!!!  I did have some activity in my home when I first moved into it 11 years ago.  I just got divorced and me and my 4 year old were starting new.  I think it was my brother who had passed away a few years before.  My daughter was the one who saw the most.   Her toys would move on their own, things turning on and off or she would have her hair tugged or play with.  She took it all in stride and was never afraid.  She would see a man in the hallway outside her room and on occasion I see things still in the hallway. 

I love watching Most Haunted and Ghost Hunters!  I would love to go ghost hunting but I'm too chicken!!

Great topic...thanks Wolf! 

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:34 on 28th July 2008

I haven't actually seen a "ghost" but I have had paranormal experiences, such as items moving on their own etc. My question is what is everyone's opionon on "ghosts"? If you believe they exist do you think they are really the disembodies souls of human beings or do you believe they are something of a more sinister nature?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20 Next >