'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Beach huts at Mudeford

Mudeford

a Seaside Town in the county of Dorset

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Ever seen a Ghost ?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 21:23 on 29th July 2008

I was actually suggesting that it might be denzil who is sending out these messages that Paul is picking up on. Sorry, i should have been more clear!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:36 on 29th July 2008
That's who I assumed you meant to imply so took your post with the humour that I thought was intended. Smile 
Denzil Tregallion
Denzil Tregallion
quotePosted at 21:38 on 29th July 2008
im flattened that you should think that thanks POE Mrs Tregallion says hello and all
L
L
quotePosted at 21:55 on 29th July 2008
On 29th July 2008 21:38, Denzil Tregallion wrote:
im flattened that you should think that thanks POE Mrs Tregallion says hello and all
LOL!!
Richard Sellers
Richard Sellers
quotePosted at 22:43 on 29th July 2008
On 27th July 2008 11:35, Harry E Wheeler wrote:
That should read Long LeGG-ed beasties...trying to watch 60 minutes as well as typing...!

Waiting for yor story Harry!!!!

Hope you are well..

Jo Adams
Jo Adams
quotePosted at 23:09 on 29th July 2008
On 28th July 2008 15:34, Diana Sinclair wrote:

I haven't actually seen a "ghost" but I have had paranormal experiences, such as items moving on their own etc.

We have that in our house too.  When Dave is looking for something he always says "I know I left it there and somebody must have moved it".  Sealed
Jo Adams
Jo Adams
quotePosted at 23:24 on 29th July 2008

Back in 1975 our 16 year old dog died.  The following week I visited my cousin who then lived about four miles away and the first thing she asked me was did our dog come home.  She had been sitting in her kitchen and heard a scratching at her back door.  When she opened the door our dog was there.  No telephone in those days so she went into the lounge with him to wait for her husband to come home.  He went upstairs to change and she followed him up to ask if he would drive to us with our dog, but when going back downstairs there was no sign of the dog.  When we compared notes this happened just a matter of hours after he had died.  Weird or what?

That same week I went to a local club where that night we had a speaker on the paranormal.  During his talk he asked me if I had just lost a dog.  When I asked how he knew he said he could see him lying beside my chair.  He even described him accurately and as he wasn't a local man there was no way he could have known that. 

Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 00:14 on 30th July 2008

The bond must have been very strong Jo,

Sometimes there is no explanation, we can't explain love, but it is real.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:38 on 30th July 2008

OK, haven't bothered looking for that post, so I'll just type it out again.

Back in 1981 I was walking around the garden of my childhood home and looked in the window into our living room. A man sat there, I saw him clearly, though I did not recognise him.

I went straight indoors and asked my mum and aunt who the man was in the living room, they said it must be my Uncle Sid, but I had passed him outside, and besides it certainly didn't look anything like him. I described him to mum and aunt Lil, and they looked at each other and said together 'Uncle Tom'. I had described him to a T.

Uncle Tom had lived and died in our house many years before I was born. The story goes that he was never allowed into the room I saw him in, as at that time it was used as a storage room not unlike a cellar.

I figure he was just popping back to have a sit in the room he was denied. He certainly wasn't scary, and it didn't upset me at all.

Also, as newly weds we rented a house that was built in 1601. It's walls were at least three feet thick, and there were no attached neighbours. I often heard a baby crying upstairs, again it was never scary or unnerving.

Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 04:59 on 30th July 2008

Years ago I lived at a place called North Sackville, we had 25 acres and ther was an old settlers cottage in the bottom paddock. It was an old stone building in poor order, but the walls were strong, only two rooms and dirt floor. I fixed the place up a bit and was using it as a store room for animal feed. (Dog and Chook food mainly)  Sylvester, a big cat we had at the time, used to get into the cottage via the roof, and help himself to a feed. One night after tea, we heard a terrible commotion going on inside the old building and Sylvester was in there growling and screaming. I grabbed my rifle and hurried to see what was going on.

When I opened the old door, Sylvester flew out past me and ran up to the house.When I went inside there was a horrible smell and allthough it was summer, the place was freezing. But the strangest thing was, the dog food bags and the walls were splattered in blood, and in the middle of the floor was a pool of blood, The old house was completely empty apart from the feed bags. A quick inspection of Sylvester found no blood and no injuries.

He never entered the old cottage again, and we never found an answer to the event.