Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Rock, Cornwall

Rock

in the county of Cornwall

A view from the DeLaWarre Pavillion, Bexhill, East Sussex.

Bexhill

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Weddings

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Brian Arlow
Brian Arlow
quotePosted at 15:38 on 10th December 2007

Have any of you been asked by friends or relations to take the wedding photos i have done a few in my time in the days of film and and found it nerve racking waiting for the prints to come back it is a lot easier now with digital but never the less still hard work i suppose i was luky that i never had a complaint i just thought this might be a topic we could discuss and share our experiences

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 23:08 on 13th December 2007

Hi Brian, I also took a few wedding for family and friends in the days of me working with film. As you say, it is definately nerve racking. With black and white, I developed my own and only did B/W wedding photo's. I never had a complaint, but, when I found out that you could be sued if they went wrong, I gave that up.

I am totaly digital now, but remembering that it is someones special day, I wont take the chance that something may go wrong. I just dont want that responsibility anymore. I am overcautious in my old age I suppose.

By the way, thanks for the compliment on my Looe sunset photo.

Peter Evans.

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 07:23 on 28th January 2008

Friends & family don't appreciate just what they are asking of you, when they want you to do the wedding photos. Every shot pretty much be right first time as there's no going back, of course, and the pressure I find worse than getting married, on the day!

Started out in the mid-70s with a Yashicamat & Rollieflex 3.5E TLR's. If I reluctantly agree to do a wedding today--and I refuse most of them---Nikon D200, Canon EOS  30D, are my main cameras and Nikon D70s & D1 in the car, just in case. D3 should be joining the camera stable soon. 24 photos in the 70s has now turned into some 300 I take for about 100 in their albums. Some of my wedding pics are on this site actually--the churches---the one of Stockcross, Berkshire is one of them used for the title page of the album after text added. If any others on this site get asked to do a wedding--good luck---it'll be an experiece if nothing else--and the post processing work of some 100-150 RAW images will keep you amused for hours!

Please login to post to this thread...