Grisedale

in the county of North Yorkshire

Harden Beck, Harden, West Yorkshire

Harden

in the county of West Yorkshire

Holmfirth Last of the Summer Wine

Holmfirth

in the county of West Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Music

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Karen Pugh
Karen Pugh
quotePosted at 20:06 on 13th March 2008

Hi all - Whats your favourite music?

Mine has to be late 70s early 80s disco.  I do like a bit of heavy metal (Led Zep, Deep Purple etc) as well and also like todays stuff as well.

Oh I did like the Sex Pistols/punk.Surprised

Karen

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
SarahPremier Member - Click for more info
Sarah
quotePosted at 20:43 on 13th March 2008

Hi Karen

I absolutely LOVE music, oh where to start...

I love 60's and 70's and some of todays chart music.  I am also a big fan of 'the greats' such as Abba and Elvis.  Having said that, I also love the likes of Def Leppard and Bon Jovi.  I also enjoy some Country & Western and the odd bit of Classical.

Ooh, mustn't forget.. I am a BIG big fan of Motown too. Smile

Dennis Bailey
Dennis Bailey
quotePosted at 22:02 on 13th March 2008
I have a liking for 1930/40/50s blues. In those days things were done in style. Today i also listen to Dire Straits, Queen, Genisis ect. Put an old time blues on and i know i was born 50 years too late.

quote | editPosted at 23:22 on 13th March 2008
I like all sorts too...I even like some modern songs....Angels by Robbie Williams, Life Is A Rollercoaster by Ronan Keating..Tamla Motown definitely...and loads from the 70's and 80's....there's a few classical ones too,but don't ask me to name them!Surprised and I LOVE GreensleevesCool
Roses
Roses
quotePosted at 01:05 on 15th March 2008
Motown, 50's, 60's and some country and western.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 01:47 on 15th March 2008

60's, 70's, Motown, soul. Especially love Queen, Bee Gee's, Alice Cooper, The Osmonds.

I also love Harp music and Hammered Dulcimer.

I love musicals especially Les Miserable and Phantom of the oprah.

And of course you can't beat classical, Strauss, Bach, Chopin, Vivaldi to name a few.

Yeah I know, I'm all over the place.

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 12:16 on 15th March 2008

I like so many different styles of music it would be impossible to list them all. Depends what mood i'm in really, i love music.

Hi Karen, i used to love the sex pistols etc... and i like Zepplin too, and Sarah, everyone likes Abba, some people just won't admit it!!  Laughing, but my i pod is stuffed with such a huge cross section of music, it flicks switches in your brain, makes you happy, makes you sad, powerful stuff music!! Wink

Ian Gedge
Ian Gedge
quotePosted at 15:25 on 15th March 2008

I have quite varied tastes in music, Abba were my first love in the music world and I still listen to them a lot now.

I also love early 80's / electronic stuff like Gary Numan, OMD, Human League etc..

A few other favourites over the years are, Kraftwerk, Erasure, Depeche Mode, Jean Michel Jarre, Sex Pistols, Blondie, Pet shop Boys, Ultravox.. I could go on for ever.

I still enjoy some new chart acts but all the stuff named above is what I like most. 

nyyank
nyyank
quotePosted at 17:09 on 15th March 2008
David Gray,EricClapton,Jeff Beck,Amy Winehouse,  a lot of the oldies,like The Everly Brothers.Motown etc. Also, there was this band circa 1960's .......funny name........I think they called themselves The Beatles.I wonder what ever happened to them?
Brian Arlow
Brian Arlow
quotePosted at 19:49 on 21st March 2008
my favourte band is the rolling stones i have got every record they have made  i also like .led zepplin .donavan .dylan .runrig . enigma
 Please login to post to this thread...