Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Lake Rudyard, Nr Leek, Staffordshire

Rudyard

in the county of Staffordshire

Bower Road

Harrogate

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Keep your eye out for the gloves!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 09:02 on 21st May 2008
Why would you take them off anyway Ray? I don't even wear them. Go commando old boy!!!!!!!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 11:14 on 21st May 2008

Sue

Thank you for your comments. I have not been told how to dress since my mother used to thread my mittens on a piece of string through the arms of my coat to stop me losing 'em. Cannot think of a way to do that with pants without bringing tears to the eyes.

Lyn,

What can I say? how did we get into this subject? lol

Andy,

Re going 'Commando' I tried that once but got arrested, it could be something to do with the black balaclava on me 'ead, and the Browning Hi-Power 9 mm automatic on my hip. So, to avoid drawing adverse attention to myself, the next time I allowed out from my establishment, I'll go 'Hippie' Cool

Regards to you all

Ray S. 

Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 11:21 on 21st May 2008

Jadson,

Today I saw a rubber glove on the road. It was a red one. I could not get close enough to see if it was for a right or left hand. It was the A14 and very busy, otherwise I would have stopped and picked it up to send to you.

I am now on the lookout for rubber gloves, beer bottles, and dust, to boost your respective collections.

Ray S. 

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 11:21 on 21st May 2008
I get your point Ray. It seems a shame that we can't even walk around armed these days without a lot of fuss being caused. That's this nanny state for you I suppose. I find walking around with a water pistol and sandals covers both angles.....I go 'commando' and 'hippy' at the same time. The only drawback is listening to soggy Bob Dylan music, but that's the price I have to pay for my freedom.
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 14:15 on 21st May 2008

LOL@Andy

Yes Andy, it is a sign of the times isn't it. I am glad to see that you are able to be a hippy and a commando at the same time. It must make life or death decisions difficult sometimes though. 'whether 'tis nobler to shoot, or hit one's adversary with a flower' Is definitely not a decision to be taken lightly lol. Re the Bob Dylan music, it sounds better when it is played underwater I think.

Ray S. 

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 14:41 on 21st May 2008
I like to think of myself as a hipando, although it does make me sound a bit Spanish. Not that there's anything wrong with that you understand. Andre Eduardo has a certain ring to it, perhaps I should start eating more paella. Back to the subject though, 'tis always nobler to shoot, if you ask me.....having said that there are those special occasions where 'saying it with flowers' really is the best idea. Bobubble Dylan eh?
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 14:56 on 21st May 2008
On 21st May 2008 14:41, Andy Edwards wrote:
I like to think of myself as a hipando, although it does make me sound a bit Spanish. Not that there's anything wrong with that you understand. Andre Eduardo has a certain ring to it, perhaps I should start eating more paella. Back to the subject though, 'tis always nobler to shoot, if you ask me.....having said that there are those special occasions where 'saying it with flowers' really is the best idea. Bobubble Dylan eh?

LOL Andy

Yes it makes you sound like a temperamental Spanish footballer, or even an Argentinian rugby playing Cannibal. (Remember the plane crash in the Andes Andy!) anyway, stick to the Paella, people just make me sick! lol

Ray S. 

L
L
quotePosted at 15:33 on 21st May 2008
LOL LOL @ both Any and Ray!! you've had me in stiches reading this !!!
L
L
quotePosted at 15:34 on 21st May 2008
oops I meant Andy lol when is the edit button coming????????
Ray Stear
Ray Stear
quotePosted at 15:44 on 21st May 2008

Lyn,

I am sorry that you see unintentional humour in this rather serious, but wide ranging discussion on many matters of importance. To go from bottles, dust, gloves, pants, parks, hippies, commando's, swollen fingers, eating people, and goodness knows what else, in such a short space of time, is actually quite sad, and all participants should be pitied and supported.

Ray S.Undecided