Leominster

in the county of Herefordshire

Ramsgate White Cliffs

Ramsgate

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

Castle Acre Priory, Norfolk

Castle Acre

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Alistair Darling calls for wage restraint, but what about the potential £40,000 for MP's Expenses?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:01 on 22nd June 2008
Apparently our MP's are potentially in line for a whopping £40,000 added to their wages just because we asked them to produce receipts showing how they spend the taxpayers money, our money! Second homes, mortgages, nanny's, re-decorating, taxi's, investments in the family, it seem's there is no end to how they manage to fritter away our hard earned money at the drop of a hat! I bet in reality they are laughing at us all and likely sleep a lot easier than most! Go on my boy - vote for me, I'll shout really loud on your behalf! And then the b....y cheek of Alistair Darling who calls for wage restraint, what a bunch of b.......d's!! In the event the MP's get their additional £40,000 'Expenses' I reckon we should march in our thousands to every city centre in beautiful England to protest like NEVER before! How can they justify this potential increase when for example the police force get a miserable 1.9%! Credit crunch - where was that then, it certainly won't affect our MP's will it?
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Jo Adams
Jo Adams
quotePosted at 21:51 on 22nd June 2008
How right you are Ron.  But then I received about £2 rise in my pension!!  So how can I complain.  I can now buy an extra loaf of bread per week.Cry
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:56 on 22nd June 2008

So you can now afford another loaf of bread per week Jo, how will you pay for the butter? This bunch in power really get up my nostrils! Can't wait for Gordon Brown to get his marching orders!

Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 21:59 on 22nd June 2008
No doubt they'll get it too. Part of being an MP seems to be the ability to be completely two-faced to the general public. They'll kiss your children (as long as there's a news crew with camera present) then take away the money you need to feed them after they're voted in. We are a democracy, yet we only get to vote on who should represent us in Parliament, we have absolutely no say in what policies, rules or laws are to be passed by these jokers, what the hell is democratic about that? We won't have to find any extra money for these pay rises though, pulling your car up on a forecourt will help them no end. And there was me thinking we had our own oil fields! Silly me.
L
L
quotePosted at 22:13 on 22nd June 2008
I haven't had a rise at work since April 2007, and if they close my PO down I wont be getting one this year either, they get more in expenses now than I earn in a year!. I get so angry about all this!!!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:15 on 22nd June 2008
You're right of course Andy, so wouldn't it be good to be able to pick up a list of say eight million potential 'voters names' in support of our common views (in private of course - but how could that happen with all the surveilance we endure, I here you ask), wait for the next General Election and then Wham!! Don't you think it's pretty awful that we all (well most of us) think the same yet can't do anything about the situation? And in reality, it doesn't matter which bunch you elect today they are all at least as bad as one another, but we have to hope that change will make things better! BNP and/or Revolution!! It's coming...As for the £40,000 in expenses, I could live on that sum of money for a b....y year, B......d's!!
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 22:16 on 22nd June 2008
Calm down Lyn. We're living in a parallel universe really and none of this is happening.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:17 on 22nd June 2008
You posted just before me Lyn, but I think you will agree that we are singing from the same hymn sheet!
Andy Edwards
Andy Edwards
quotePosted at 22:19 on 22nd June 2008
The sad thing is Ron, we know nothing about them, yet they know EVERYTHING about us.
L
L
quotePosted at 22:21 on 22nd June 2008
Exactly Andy! and they want all of us who were born and bred in England, have lived here all our lives, paid our taxes, got on with life....to have an ID card!!! I will fight tooth and nail NOT to have to pay out good money to prove I am who I am!