Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

The Angel Hotel, High Street

Guildford

in the county of Surrey

Cromer beach from the pier. Cromer, Norfolk

Cromer

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

UFO's. What's your take on them?

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 03:32 on 27th June 2008

I'm wondering now if anyone else saw there. Were there any other reports in the news papers or on the radio or TV news?

Hope you have tons of fun with your new camera up at the Lake District Roy, look forward to seeing the results when you get back.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 03:33 on 27th June 2008

I've only one photo of a UFO from West Berkshire about 5 or 6 years ago. Was taking three photos of storm gathering clouds, and when i got home, it was in one of them; a dark object in the sky that doesn't look like any of the usual sky related things ( birds, planes etc) that end up in photos. Green/red colour fringing around it and the clouds as can be seen on many digital images where bordering pixels meet. I'll have to dig it out.

Andy's "little known fact 2" was during the 1990s where these objects were getting attention as to what they are/were. The so-called pulse-jet contrails also appeared in US magazines, over flying the US.

Our foreign visitors to here might not perhaps be aware of the recent UFO reports south of Cardiff, chased by a police helicopter, and a few sightings in the Shropshire area-ish by several observers, including the military.

I'd also spent ages waiting to take a photo of a ghost at my Mum's home a few years ago, but never visibly appeared. We called him/her Leslie as we thought the name would fit either sex. Her home was a converted 18th/19th century inn, in East Sussex.

poePremier Member - Click for more info
poe
quotePosted at 10:33 on 27th June 2008

Considering how big the universe appears to be, there has surely got to be other life out there somewhere. Whether we've been visited or not is another thing, but I doubt something would travel all this way to then not stop and say a big hello if they're friendly, or round us up for breakfast if they're not. I think we'll know about it for sure if and when something does head this way.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to the Lake District Roy.

quote | editPosted at 12:55 on 27th June 2008
Poe...thank you for that wonderful video!  The universe is a truly awe inspiring Creation.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 13:16 on 27th June 2008

A big thank you Poe for the video . it's excellent I love it, so interesting and enlightening.

I was intriqued by Roy's pictures, then because we have no digi at the moment we are having to use a 35ml and have the film developed and printed. When we collected our pictures this morning I noticed the white circle in the large window of Covehithe Church Ruins, I am curious what it is, my husband say's it is a flaw in the printing but it appears as a black spot on the negative, could it be a flaw in or on the negative?  Has anyone any idea's . Thanks

Mark Corby
Mark Corby
quotePosted at 14:26 on 27th June 2008

I think Ufos are obviously real and have been here for thousands of years but haven't a clue what  they are.Nowadays a heck of a lot of people have mobile phones and digital cameras to take photos so theres bound to be a lot more  photos taken of them than in times past when most witnesses didnt carry a camera around.

Ps you can zoom in or out on the main photo by pressing the ctrl key and + or -

L
L
quotePosted at 14:34 on 27th June 2008

Want to come on a fantastic journey with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctFL4IqY7AY&feature=related
Mark Corby
Mark Corby
quotePosted at 14:40 on 27th June 2008

Have a look at this ufo related clip .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnNgXRK_vo

Things called rods, apparently they only appear on film and you cannot see them with the naked eye.

Theres a flying rod in the film" Braveheart" apparently.

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 15:46 on 27th June 2008
On 26th June 2008 22:51, Andy Edwards wrote:
Those pictures are great. I can't help wondering about the angle they are at though....I'd be surprised to see the top of them like that, when viewing them from below Given the amount of RAF fighter activity there is in that area it's even more surprising. Sorry for being cynical! Amazing what you can do with 'photoshop'! Ouch!!
I am afraid that I agree Andy...I am a bit of a cynic too.  However, having said that, I do agree with Sarah and Chris, that considering how big the universe is, it seems strange that earth would be the only inhabited planet.As a Christian I have often wondered if after Adam’s and Eve’s expulsion from the garden (rather you believe Adam and Eve were two literal people or representative of a race of humans), did God find it necessary to “quarantine” the earth and to forbid other inhabited planets from making contact with us. The purpose of which would supposedly be to protect other races of beings from contamination.  Of course, if you are not a Christian then this theory means nothing. LOL!It could just be that Andy, Ray, Peter and Ron ARE aliens from other planets who have infiltrated the earth in order to discover the secrets of human beings….or could it be something more sinister? LOL!

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 16:10 on 27th June 2008

The Lord has said 'Worlds without number have I created'.

So yes, I believe their are other humans out there, but I'm not too sure if I believe their are aliens, you know, green things with one eye and three fingers. But I have know to be wrong before.

So again I say yes, I would not be surprised that other worlds have the technology to visit us, just as we have been visiting other planets (not worlds yet).