Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Thanks

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 Next >

L
L
quotePosted at 12:28 on 23rd July 2008
Just want to say thanks to one and all, all the lovely comments you've made on my pics, I do try an email everyone but it gets a bit confusing for a person with such a tiny mind as mine lol Wink I only take them as a hobby, i'm no professional by any means and it's nice to know people appreciate them. Thanks once again and keep posting yours! I love looking through them all! Smile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 13:39 on 23rd July 2008

I agree totaly Lyn. There may be one or two pro's among us, but for us amatures, it is good to see that someone likes what we try to do. I love all the postings on here, and yes, I like yours too, I even comment sometimes.

Its funny though, you put up a photo that you are really proud of and think is fantastic. No comment. But a photo that you think is mediocre gets lots of comments. Makes you think dont it.

So a big thanks from me too. And thank you for your comments on my photos Lyn.

L
L
quotePosted at 13:45 on 23rd July 2008
On 23rd July 2008 13:39, Peter Evans wrote:

I agree totaly Lyn. There may be one or two pro's among us, but for us amatures, it is good to see that someone likes what we try to do. I love all the postings on here, and yes, I like yours too, I even comment sometimes.

Its funny though, you put up a photo that you are really proud of and think is fantastic. No comment. But a photo that you think is mediocre gets lots of comments. Makes you think dont it.

So a big thanks from me too. And thank you for your comments on my photos Lyn.

I so agree with you Peter! each to his own I suppose,  and no problem, your photo's are good! Thanks for your comments on mine too Smile
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 14:31 on 23rd July 2008
I agree too Lyn. Youe photos are lovely. Thank you Lyn for your kind comments on my pictures too and thank you everyone else who either comments or enjoys them silently!
Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 14:36 on 23rd July 2008
Ditto from me.  I appreciate being able to see your beautiful country thru your eyes.  And it's nice to be part of a crazy lot, too!
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:50 on 23rd July 2008
I agree with everyone here, and honestly, I am in awe of you "amateur" photographers, because your pics look pro-league to me. Smile
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 03:02 on 24th July 2008

Some words from a song.

Thank you, friends
Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you
I'm so grateful for all the things you helped me do.

All the ladies and gentlemen
Who made this all so probable

Thank you, friends
I rejoice to the skies
Dear ones like you do the best i do
As far as can see my eyes

All the ladies and gentlemen
Who made this all so probable

Without my friends i got chaos
I'm often a bead of light.
Without my friends i'd be swept up high by the wind

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 05:11 on 24th July 2008

That's very nice, Wolf.

And thanks, Stephanie for you comment - I'm glad you liked my Rievaulx Abbey pics.  I think I lucked out that day with the pics because it was so crisp and sunny and the sky was absolutely crystalline blue.  Do take a ride up there and check it out.  That whole area around there is fabulous.  By the way, why is your area called the Black Country?

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 08:20 on 24th July 2008
Thanks for your comment on my bridge too Ruth. The area is called the Black Country because apparently Queen Victoria closed the curtains of the Royal train as she passed through here because she said it was so black. We were the heart of the Industrial Revolution - my ancestors travelled here from the farms of Shropshire and other areas to find work as chainmakers and nailmakers. There is a place called Darby End and a road called Belper Row just up the road from me which was named by some of my ancestors and their workmates who travelled from the Derby area. When I was a child you could smell the pollution in the air from the factories. Now sadly (although we don't miss the pollution!) they have all gone along with the work. My husband is still working as a engineer (25 years) but there has been redundancies lately. We have our own language round here too and we are not at all keen on our neighbours the Brummies (Birmingham)! There is a facinating museum called the Black Country museum - www.bclm.co.uk which is in Dudley.
Wolf
Wolf
quotePosted at 08:30 on 24th July 2008

Thanks for that link Steph. I found it very interesting.

and for your bridge :-   www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFEnoITiWE

1 2 3 4 Next >