Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Winter storm

Paignton

a Seaside Town in the county of Devon

Chipping Ongar Main Street, Essex

Chipping Ongar

in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Back from a bit of a problematic holiday in Cornwall!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 17:19 on 31st August 2008
People are pretty horrible really aren't they, well a lot are anyway!!
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:21 on 31st August 2008

*Deep breath*

Sometimes it's hard not to see the world going to the dogs. We have to stand back and look for the good. There are some really good people out there, and it's my prayer that I can be counted amoungst them.

There are really good people here on POE. We will not be brought down by the care less kind.

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 17:44 on 31st August 2008

Yeah, there is a lot of good too, i know. Its just hard to understand why people are so stupid/horribe/apathetic/uncaring, etc etc......

POE is different!! we are all nice caring people on here!! Laughing

Alan Marron
Alan Marron
quotePosted at 18:06 on 31st August 2008
On 31st August 2008 17:44, Jason Twist wrote:

Yeah, there is a lot of good too, i know. Its just hard to understand why people are so stupid/horribe/apathetic/uncaring, etc etc......

POE is different!! we are all nice caring people on here!! Laughing

I'm very much afraid that it's the way the world is changing.  When I was young, there was a friend behind every door in the street, not to mention a few streets around you, and if anyone needed help you almost had to take your place in the queue.  I remember when my young wifre miscarried our first baby, within minutes there was so many people at the door you'd have thought there was a big party going on - and we had been under the impression that nobody knew.  We certainly weren'tgoing public with the news.  Friends, quite simply.  And you always knew you could rely on friends at any time!  You're right, of course: the source of that kind of friendship today - the caring, 'sharing each others burdens and problems' kind of friendship, is right here on POE!

quote | editPosted at 19:18 on 31st August 2008

Thanks everyone for your concern.

I think some people are afraid these days to get involved in case they get into trouble for helping! For example my husband tried to help a youth start his car outside our house a few years ago. When they failed to sort it out the youth said he would bring his Dad to tow it. After a few days we realised it was stolen and then Terry had to explain to the police why his fingerprints were all over the car - they thought it was hilarious!

Luckily he hasn't broken any bones Jason although the dislocation was really bad - there was no plaster department on duty and the one male staff nurse seemed to be doing everything on his own including the plastering! We have got to go to our own hospital next week and I don't know if they will change the cast although I have always had full casts when i have dislocated my knee in the past.

Diana - my eldest's name is Joseph and he is 12. Aaron is 8 and Solomon is 3.

Sue - Terry did complain about the rude lady at the museum very politely but then the lady in charge was just as rude so we won't be going back!

Alan - it's lovely to see your avatar and everyone elses new ones. Nice to see your face again Andy! I agree - POE is great!

Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 19:19 on 31st August 2008
Oops! That was me - left the computer for a bit - as you can imagine it is madness here!!!
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 19:46 on 31st August 2008

Glad no bones broken, most dislocated knees we take in usually just get discharged when they've put it back in!! Surprised  looks VERY painful though!!

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 20:06 on 31st August 2008

Good God Stephanie!!! How horrible!!!  Your poor babies!!  I would have been freaking out!!   Cry

I'm so glad you are all back safe and sound!!!   Laughing

And yes....a bunch of great people here on POE!!!
Stephanie Jackson
Stephanie Jackson
quotePosted at 20:16 on 31st August 2008

Thanks Krissy! I remained amazingly calm for me! I think the last year has been so full of crisis' I have got used to it!

It is painful Jason - when I dislocated mine when I was 26 I had to put it back in myself - then I fainted! Trouble is there is a fault with the structure of my knees which means they dislocate easily. Joseph had to go to A&E a month ago after an aikido injury on his other knee and they said at the time that he also has a similar problem and advised us to go to a physio with him. Poor lad looks like me and has all my faults!!! He is still in alot of pain and the knee is swollen (they put a cast on from top to bottom then split it down the middle to account for swelling - then wrapped it over the top).

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 20:19 on 31st August 2008

Good gravy...I cannot handle pain!!!  I've never broken anything!  Hope I didn't just jinxs myself!