Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A view of Reedham

Reedham

in the county of Norfolk

Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation Canal

Maldon

a Seaside Town in the county of Essex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

If you could have any occupation

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:48 on 4th November 2008
On 4th November 2008 15:43, Jason Twist wrote:
On 4th November 2008 15:40, Krissy wrote:

True!! But it's the same with humans too right?

I was looking online for classes for Equine Studies. Especially Threaputic Riding.  Don't know what the job market is like though!

No, not really, i can cope with humans, of course it hurts sometimes, but on the whole i can switch it off, but with animals i really can't!!  odd i know.

I'm not sure what the markets like over there Krissy, google it!!Laughing

Not odd...you just have a big heart.

I ask my aunt who is in the horse industry and she actually discourged me.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Lorraine
Lorraine
quotePosted at 15:48 on 4th November 2008
I agree with you Jason...I think it's because animals are helpless, whilst in a lot of circumstances humans are their own worst enemy.  I think thats why paediatricians always seem very caring people .
Anna Kuznetsova
Anna Kuznetsova
quotePosted at 15:49 on 4th November 2008
Yes, Krissy, it's not too late, but i'm too sympathetic! That would be really hard for me!
Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 15:52 on 4th November 2008
On 4th November 2008 15:47, Anna Kuznetsova wrote:
On 4th November 2008 15:44, Jason Twist wrote:
On 4th November 2008 15:43, Anna Kuznetsova wrote:
On 4th November 2008 15:37, Jason Twist wrote:
On 4th November 2008 15:31, Anna Kuznetsova wrote:
I always wanted to be a vet or a doctor but i'll be an economist.

Couldn't be a vet!!  i'd be in bits all the time!! I'd find it hard to see so many animals put to sleep!

I was a little girl when i was thinking about being a vet. I imagined a kind animal doctor who only helps them! unfortunately vets have to put animals to sleep.

They really do, a lot!!  Frown

But they do it not because they are mean! Vets relieve animals of pain and suffering!
Oh i know it is, but i just couldn't do it!!   i think its odd how we can't do it with humans to sometimes, animals get put down for anything, as soon as they start to suffer where humans have to fight it out, i'm not sure which side of the fence i sit on with this, but its true animals have it easier in some respects!!   i still couldn't though!! i'd cry!!Cry 
Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:53 on 4th November 2008

I agree with you Lorraine!

Anna...I understand where you are coming from!

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 15:55 on 4th November 2008

I totally get that Jason!!  They don't make it easy to care for our animals though! It cost THOUSANDS of dollars to save you pet!  A lot of people just cant manage that!! It's sad too!! We love our pets the same as we love our family and yet we cannot care for them the same!

L
L
quotePosted at 15:55 on 4th November 2008
My neice, who's 38 is in her 3rd year of training to be a vet, she has to go to slaughter houses to make sure the animals are not cruely treated. She's a vegitarian also and doesn't like going there but its all part of the job. She's had to spend time working with zoo animals too, and I admire her for all the hard work it takes. Becoming a vet is so much harder than becoming a doctor, after all there's so many different species you have to learn about, unlike the human being, we're all the same. As for me, well I've been quite happy doing the work I have since I left school, and like Lorraine said, when I left school you weren't encouraged to do anything as you were a female and expected to bring up a family. So it was either office work or shop work.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 15:56 on 4th November 2008

When I was younger I had NO Idea what wonderful opportunities lay out there for me. Like Lorraine said, there really wasn't much in the way of career guidance in the schools when we were young, and what there was seemed to be aimed at the boys.

I grew up in the era of 'woman have the babies and stay at  home' which is of course what I did and certainly don't regret, but if only I'd have known what was available.

So saying all that, I would love to have worked in some kind of historical field, I love history.

If I moved to England after the kids are flown and settled I would love to be a tour guide of some kind, work in an abbey or monastery setting. I'd be a tour guide on a bus around Oxford, that would be fun.

And if my wildest dreams came true, I'd work for the BBC and they would send me around Great Britain doing programs like COAST of Nature of Britain.

Anna Kuznetsova
Anna Kuznetsova
quotePosted at 15:57 on 4th November 2008

So do i Jason. That's why i decided to be an economist Krissy!

quote | editPosted at 16:00 on 4th November 2008

Landscape photographer or historian would be my dream occupations, more realistically, I did always want to be a midwife but always seemed to be busy having my own children to learn how to deliver other peoples, shame really as there can’t be many jobs as satisfying as helping to bring a new life into the world.