Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Tiny Village

Watendlath

in the county of Cumbria

Lone duck at sunset on the canal at Slimbridge, Gloucestershire

Slimbridge

in the county of Gloucestershire

A view of the Entrance to the Main Hall at Hazlewood Castle Nr Tadcaster, North Yorkshire

Tadcaster

in the county of North Yorkshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Hello from Diana!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 23:53 on 23rd August 2010

Hello friends!  Yes, it's me and I am glad to report I am in good spirits and doing well. I've missed everyone on POE and wanted to check in and see how everyone is.

I am still looking for full time employment but the part time job I started shortly after being laid off last November has been keeping me busy. Albeit the hours are a bit crazy. I travel all over New England for this job and it's not unusual for me to work till 9pm (I even worked till midnight once). So, that in a nut shell is why I haven't been around for a while. By the time I get home I am pooped. Lol. Unlike my desk job which allowed me to pop on and off POE during the day, this job doesn't afford me that luxury.

Having said that, I must say that I enjoy the job itself. I have always enjoyed road trips and now I get paid for it. :-)  My hope is that it will turn into a full time position with medical benefits. There have been rumors that might happen, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I hope everyone is well. I will go now and check out the forum to see what's been up. See you all there! xoxo

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 00:17 on 24th August 2010

Diana's here !

So very good to see you, and hear that, even though you don't have a full time position, that at least you enjoy the part time that you have.

I will do more than keep fingers crossed for you, I will send a few prayers Heavenward, and see what we can do from up there.

Do be safe on your travels, and pop in whenever you can.

You are terribly missed.  

Krissy
Krissy
quotePosted at 01:29 on 24th August 2010

DDDDDDDDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAA!!!!!!

YEA!!!!! Boy oh boy it's good to see you! I'm glad things are going well for you and I know....in my heart of hearts....that position will be yours full time!!

I hope you will be able to come here more often!!

Laughing

Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 01:40 on 24th August 2010
Hey Diana!!!! So good to see you and hear you are doing well. I am happy for you regarding your job. Prayers being said for the full time position. Glad you are enjoying the traveling. Must get to meet a lot of new people and make new friends. Hope all your traveling is safe. How is your Kitty? Sorry, I forgot his name. You take care and I look forward to seeing you whenever you can make it here. Kiss
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 04:39 on 24th August 2010

Sue, thank you so much for your prayers. They mean so much. I hope you are well and that your sons are well also? They are in my prayers everyday as are all the young people fighting for our freedom.

Krissy! It's so good to see you here. How are the girls? Things are okay with you in terms of work, etc?

Hello dear Cathy! Thank you too for your prayers and good wishes. Yes I do meet some interesting people in this job. It's funny, the job is only part time right now and it doesn't pay nearly as well as my old job but I am much happier. I do indeed hope that it becomes full time, or at least that I'll find something I enjoy just as much that pays better. I hope you are well? How is Elsie?

My cat, Salem, is adorable and an absolute joy to have around. His favorite past times are dragging a toy twice his size around in his mouth and when you try to take it from him he plays tug-of-war just like a puppy with a bone. He also enjoyes playing "blanket monster" and "stalker" when I try to make the bed in the morning. Lol. Here are a couple of pics of him.

100_0263.jpg image by inklingslover
100_0516.jpg image by inklingslover

Edited by: Diana Sinclair at:24th August 2010 04:56
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 05:18 on 24th August 2010

Oh Diana, Salem is way too cute!! Rascal likes to play "blanket monster" and "stalker" too! And Cuddles likes to lay right in the middle of the bed and dare you to make it around him!! LOL

Elsie has stopped all of her psych meds and appts. because the ex is lessoning the amount of money he is giving us which leaves us with a tiny bit, so she feels guilty about it. But she does not seem to be too bad. She still has really bad anxiety.

Me, All the stress has caused panic attacks and anxiety attacks so I am not sleeping well. About 3-4 hours a night. The doctor just increased the newest medication tonight so we will see if it helps. I will be so glad when this is all over with and I never have to look at him again. Elsie doesn't even want to see him.

I am trying hard to keep my spirits up. I was so happy to get out to the bank and stores today just to get out of the house. And it was sunny out too!! I appreciate the little things a lot!! You'll have to email me or call sometime. I don't care what time you call, I will most likely be awake anyway!! You take care and hope to hear from you!! Kiss and hug that Salem for me! Kiss 

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 05:31 on 24th August 2010

Oh, Diana, are you a sight for sore eyes!  I'm so glad things are going well and that you're enjoying what you're doing.  You know you're in my prayers too.

I'm so happy to see you.  The place just isn't the same without you and you are missed very much when you're not around.  I think when everybody on the other side of the pond gets up and sees you were here, they'll all be happy too.

Take care, kiddo.  XOXOXO

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 06:24 on 24th August 2010
Hey Diana, boy did Ruth get that right!  When I saw you had dropped in for a visit I was so thrilled.  If the power of positive thinking works - that job is yours.  Travelling all around in New England must be wonderful, it looks such a pretty area in all the pics.  Love the cat!  I really hope you will be able to pop in more often - as everyone has said - you have been missed very much.  Stay well and take care.
Patrick Van Calck
Patrick Van Calck
quotePosted at 07:20 on 24th August 2010
On 23rd August 2010 23:53, Diana Sinclair wrote:

Hello friends!  Yes, it's me and I am glad to report I am in good spirits and doing well. I've missed everyone on POE and wanted to check in and see how everyone is.

I am still looking for full time employment but the part time job I started shortly after being laid off last November has been keeping me busy. Albeit the hours are a bit crazy. I travel all over New England for this job and it's not unusual for me to work till 9pm (I even worked till midnight once). So, that in a nut shell is why I haven't been around for a while. By the time I get home I am pooped. Lol. Unlike my desk job which allowed me to pop on and off POE during the day, this job doesn't afford me that luxury.

Having said that, I must say that I enjoy the job itself. I have always enjoyed road trips and now I get paid for it. :-)  My hope is that it will turn into a full time position with medical benefits. There have been rumors that might happen, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I hope everyone is well. I will go now and check out the forum to see what's been up. See you all there! xoxo

I must have missed that. If you ever move to Belgium I can help 'cause I work at the unemployment centre
Gonul
Gonul
quotePosted at 07:54 on 24th August 2010
Hi Diana ..Glad to see you and hear you are wellSmile