'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Groombridge Station

Groombridge

in the county of East Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Prayers for little Lydia please

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 14:03 on 13th April 2011

Our Sue's niece, has just given birth to a baby girl who is having to have surgery to separate the trachea from the esophagus. Poor little thing is only a few hours old, so prayers for Lydia would be immense. C'mon Lydia show 'old Auntie' how tough you are!

Really hope things work out for Lydia, Sue but don't forget to keep us informed of progress please.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Cathy E.
Cathy E.
quotePosted at 14:45 on 13th April 2011

So sorry to hear about Lydia. Prayers for her and her family and for the doctors performing the surgery that God would guide them and their hands to correct her physical problems to normal. Hugs and kisses for little Lydia and her mom. 

Hoping to hear some good news soon! 

cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 14:51 on 13th April 2011
Thoughts and prayers in abundance for this poor little mite that she will be successfully brought to full health, and for all members of the family.
Marjorie Pope
Marjorie Pope
quotePosted at 16:27 on 13th April 2011
Poor little girl.  Let's pray that the skill of the surgeon will bring her through this successfully to make her well.  Thoughts for her parents too.
Diana Sinclair
Diana Sinclair
quotePosted at 16:56 on 13th April 2011
Prayers and good wishes to little Lydia and her family too. xoxo
Barbara Shoemaker
Barbara Shoemaker
quotePosted at 20:06 on 13th April 2011
Bless her heart!  Lydia and her family and surgeons will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Ron, do keep us posted.
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 01:29 on 14th April 2011

Thank you Ron, and everyone for your prayers and good wishes.

I just recieved an update.

Here is the news about little Lydia.

She had the surgery today. They separated the trachea from the esophagus, but found that the esophagus was not long enough, so they have done something (probably some kind of ballon I'm thinking) to grow extra tissue. This will take six to eight weeks, which she will have to stay in the hospital as she needs 24 hours medical care. Once the tissue has grown, they will do more surgery to lengthen the esophagus.

Her lungs of course were not fully developed so she is also on oxygen.

One good thing is that even though she was four weeks premature and only 5 lb 8 oz, her apgars were 9, which is very good, and that should be good for healing.

Her mother is still in hospital in her home town as she had Lydia by c-section, and the baby is Seattle, about 170 miles North. I can only imagine how hard that is to be so far away from your little baby. Hopefully she will be released from hospital herself tomorrow and be well enough to travel up there to be with her. She also has a little girl at home.  

Ruth Gregory
Ruth Gregory
quotePosted at 03:28 on 14th April 2011

I will most definitely be praying for little Lydia and her family, Sue.  Let them know how much all of us will be thinking about her and praying, God bless her.

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 04:26 on 14th April 2011
I will Ruth. I will copy and send it to my niece when she is out of the hospital.
Sally Birch
Sally Birch
quotePosted at 13:37 on 14th April 2011
My thoughts and prayers are for mother and baby. I found  POE members thoughts and prayers for my husband a great comfort so I hope Sue and family also find them comforting.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >