Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Gates leading to Meaburn Hall, Maulds Meaburn, Cumbria

Maulds Meaburn

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Cameron 'Signs The Tory Death Warrant'...

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:53 on 25th June 2012

I agree savings have to be made and he has to raise funds to cover the benefits bill from somewhere, but shouldn't it be the wealthy who are hit with a tax bill first, like the stars of television that he referred to recently who can afford to pay an accountant to escape it?

And then there are those who can work, but won't!

What can we do about them I wonder? Well I reckon there are plenty of gates that need painting, streets need to be cleared of litter that the 'workshy' left in the first place, as they literally throw their McD's or KFC's boxes to the floor (are they expensive to buy?)

Hitting families with kids that are already on the breadline is something that will lose him the next election for sure, but hey these changes aren't going to come into effect until after the next election so who will get the blame then?

It's trouble, trouble and more trouble Mr Cameron. So many things that need to be put right and you pick on the weak and those virtually unable to afford a meal for the kids!

Let me give you a piece of advice that would make sure you won the next election with a huge majority. It's simple:

STOP GIVING OUR B....Y MONEY AWAY TO EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD AND LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST and then...

KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF EVERYBODY ELSE'S BUSINESS

Problem solved, what say you members?

C'mon Nigel Farage - UKIP you are nearly there!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:56 on 25th June 2012

Have you read what POE member James Prescott wrote in another thread titled UK POLICY Mr Cameron?

How long will it be before we all think the same way, and how long before you will be needing to get your plimsoles on?

Deal with it NOW before it's too late!

quote | editPosted at 22:29 on 25th June 2012

Westminster Abbey.  The great and the good are due to gather to bleat to their god.

Morlar phoned Zonfeld............

"I will bring down the whole edifice on their unworthy heads"

Fast forward to now.  Disabled are left to die with no money.  People made redundant then hated for being on the dole.

A few people are employed to waste money.  Millions of pounds spent on a royal jubilee.  Hundreds employed to build a boat and pack it with flowers.  For some four hours a few wealthy people, pockets full of tax reduction, join a display of our "austerity, we are all in it together".  Sickening.

They stand on the shore, a life more empty cannot be conceived.  They need to feel something other than despair.  They spend their pennies on a little flag that makes a good profit for China.  As their unelected leaders go past they are consumed with the need to open mouth as far as possible and make a screaming noise.

Primitive man has believed in all sorts of strange things.........  

Edited by: Mick Smith at:25th June 2012 22:30
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:31 on 25th June 2012

You are just so right Mick!

It's bl...y disgraceful...

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 07:22 on 26th June 2012

Ron, perhaps we should not forget Gordon Brown's part in all this.

Taking Gordon Brown's own words from

http://gordonandsarahbrown.com/gordon-brown/

(Click on the 'Changing Britain as Chancellor' on the right-hand side of Gordon Brown's page to see Gordon's achievements in spending your money)

We can see that it was Gordon Brown  who tripled our overseas development budget to 0.7% of national income. 

I am not uncharitable, but I would not mortgage my own property to indulge in philanthropy. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:59 on 26th June 2012

As far as I am concerned Edward he has a lot to answer for too, and I reckon the pair of them stitched together wouldn't make a leader worth voting for.

I have been a longtime Tory supporter, and voted Labour once, but feel the time has come for change, real change, and I really like the way UKIP's Nigel Farage speaks.

Roll on the election, I reckon a big shake up is imminent!

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 10:31 on 26th June 2012

Yes, Ron, there is a need for change, because the economy is already dead. Whether Nigel Farage can fix it is another matter, of which I am not certain. The latest figures on public borrowing speak for themselves, see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18587254

The appalling figures are in part due to falling VAT and income tax receipts. I would love to be able to buy a new camera or even a new car (dream on) but with interest rates at 20% APR or more I would be mad to do so. The Bank of England base rate of 0.5% is totally artificial and has no effect on what the individual or small business is charged for borrowing, even assuming they can get credit. Unless there is some stimulus, people will only spend on essentials and the only way is down. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:29 on 26th June 2012

And now an NHS hospital trust has been formally warned it could be declared bust, in the first case of its kind, with scores more to follow!

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18584968

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 14:30 on 26th June 2012

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/9356622/Labours-PFI-landmines-continue-to-explode-in-the-NHS.html

An example of incompetence and reckless short term policy in trying to hide the true costs of building hospitals. Labour hoped by using PFI someone else would pick up the tab i.e. the next government. It is only now that Labour politicians realise it was their own policies which shot themselves in the foot.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:20 on 26th June 2012
The likes of Andy Burnham should be pursued for negligence I reckon. They are appointed to top jobs, with top money being paid, and somehow manage to give away our money without recourse!