Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Nicholas Street in Ipswich, Suffolk

Ipswich

in the county of Suffolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Bank On Dave!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 17:49 on 26th July 2012

Went to my bank today to ask if they could counter-sign a form to comfirm I'm who I say I am? Despite banking with them for 29 years and having significant amounts of money from me, they were unable to do this. Asking to see one of their managers was refused, despite them usually calling me to come and see them for our usual chats about what they can offer me. I was told the number of years I'd banked with them was irrelevant.

That nice young lady cost them quite a bit of money today. I won't be messed around by any bank and today they paid very dearly within under an hour for the priveledge of doing so. 

Edited by: Paul Hilton at:26th July 2012 19:28
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 17:53 on 26th July 2012
good on ya PaulSmile
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 18:57 on 26th July 2012
Well done Paul, i really do think we are now in the age of voting with your feet.
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 19:28 on 26th July 2012
On 26th July 2012 18:57, Dave John wrote:
Well done Paul, i really do think we are now in the age of voting with your feet.

Or with a keyboard as the case might be. I was born in Lancs. many years ago; maybe it's about time I had a look at back there and about 25 miles away from where I came from ? I thought the property prices were interesting up there too on the TV series this threads about.
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 21:16 on 26th July 2012

Just ordered a copy of Dave Fishwick's book which looks interesting.

I see he's on Twitter too as FishwickDavid and looks like the media is taking a greater interest in him now. While the programme shows him helping the businesses of Burnley, surely its likely spread a bit further as we don't now where these businesses are getting their equipment or raw materials from which, of course, is having a secondary effect of helping them too. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:15 on 27th July 2012
Very well done Paul and thank you!
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:40 on 28th July 2012

I reckon the banks should have entered a team in the Olympics. When Dave Fishwick is finished with them, they'll all be running marathons!

Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 19:39 on 28th July 2012

There was an article in the Finacial Times today which reiterates similar to what was in the TV shows, of which another is now in production too. ( FT Weekend, p.4).

Also this morning , his book duly arrived. From the short bits I've read since I got home from work, and written in a straight forwards to the point style. It sort of reminded me of a businessman nearly a century ago who wrote his auto biography and his philosophy on business which  was car maker, Henry Ford who, incidentally didn't trust bankers and wasn't interested in their money to expand his business. His opinion of stockbrokers and Wall St wasn't much better.

Business principals of c.1919 do seem to be resurfacing in Dave Fishwick's book amongst other things, such as banks.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:57 on 29th July 2012

Nearly a thousand people involved in the thread now, wonder if Dave Fishwick will get to hear about it?

Anyway, Bank On Dave!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:31 on 31st July 2012

How about 'Bank On Ron' for Oxford? Hey that sounds good, call it a Franchise, or a branch of 'Bank On Dave'...

Are we getting too big, too soon? lol