Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 14:17 on 27th December 2012
A result as they say, well done Paul, but the proof will only be in the pudding and only then if you are willing to try their pudding again! ! !
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:22 on 29th December 2012

Sarah and Chris are still having big problems with Virgin Media.

There is absolutely no way this company can be recommended after the way in which they have treated, installed (or not) their service. I have no doubt Chris and Sarah will post a record of the events as soon as they are able to!

In the meantime, thinking of changing to Virgin Media? You may wish to think again! Virgin Media.....rubbish internet installation which still isn't available for Chris and Sarah at POE.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:47 on 29th December 2012

Virgin Media engineers said they would be back this afternoon (within 4 hours of the last phone call) to fix the problem, but they didn't turn up......again!!

Sarah and Chris are still without internet access...

Not looking very good is it Mr Branson? They live just a few miles away from you in Kidlington (Wheatley in fact) so maybe you would like to pop along to POE HQ in Wheatley to explain why your company can't provide the service that you offer?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:58 on 30th December 2012

Virgin engineers chased up again today by Chris and Sarah, because they failed to turn up as promised yesterday, and now they say "it could be another week or so" before the problem is sorted out.

What a disgrace Virgin!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:29 on 26th January 2013

So you think you have a suitable contract with WorcesterBosch if your boiler breaks down?

You all know 84 year old terminally ill father in law Don who has an Annual Service Contract with WorcesterBosch for yes 'servicing and repairs' to his boiler, but today when he needs them most they tell him sorry we can't get to you until Monday 28th January. So in effect he must endure the circumstances without heat and hot water for 3 days!

WorcesterBosch told me "we are all booked up for today" meaning Saturday 26th January. I asked why they couldn't add an emergency visit to an engineers list of calls. "No, sorry we can't do that". Why? I asked "because we can't" was the response, "we don't offer an emergency call out service". Here is what followed:

Dear Mr Tackley

Thank you for your email.

Having checked our records we can confirm that your appointment has been scheduled for Monday 28th January, before 5pm, with our engineer providing 30 minutes notice prior to arrival. Your reference number for this appointment is 3079*****. If your appointment becomes inconvenient then please notify us as soon as possible either by emailing appointment.worcester@uk.bosch.com or by telephoning us on 0844 892 3000 during our opening hours of 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm Saturday and 9am to 12pm Sunday.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team

Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd

Customer Service....some service eh? We have had to move Don out of his home to ensure his health is not affected by lack of hot water and heat.

Needless to say I am going to kick up a fuss about this, will write to WorcesterBosch and others, whilst hoping that anybody thinking of taking out a WorcesterBosch Boiler Service Contract actually thinks twice about it, because they will only do what they want to do, no movement for the old, the frail, the terminally ill who as far as they are concerned can freeze to death by Monday 28th January.

No wonder this Country is in the state that it is, nobody wants to give an inch, not even in an emergency. Shame on you WorcesterBosch

Just received the following email from WorcesterBosch and don't you just have to laugh? I wonder if he would want me to remove his name had I been heaping praise on him, I think not. Anyway, to avoid any hassle with an employee who obviously has no power to resolve my complaint, plus the fact that I don't own this website, his name is removed. It doesn't affect my opinion of WorcesterBosch, but merely adds to the dismay.

Dear Mr Brind,

Thank you for your reply. Due to the Data Protection Act I am asking you to remove my name from the website.

Edited by: Ron Brind at:26th January 2013 12:06
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:50 on 27th January 2013
No engineer from WorcesterBosch for Dons boiler Saturday or today, so what does that tell you, do they care about their customers?
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:40 on 6th February 2013

Went to Pixmania website to purchase a shaver. Got transferred to one of their agents called 'Slamtech' and selected the model I wanted. Paid for it and a week later it hadn't arrived. Contacted Pixmania and then Slamtech who I actually ordered it through (contacted Slamtech many times in fact) and eventually Slamtech said it must have got lost in the post, we will contact Royal Mail.

In the same email they said "It might be prudent to refund you as the item is not in stock". In other words they took my money knowing it was out of stock. My money was refunded by Pixmania with an additional £3.66 paid to me for my 'troubles' by Slamtech!

So big thumbs down for Slamtech and I will never shop with them, or Pixmania again.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:46 on 6th February 2013

Looks like Virgin Media are being bought out Ron.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21347814

Edited by: Ron Brind at:9th February 2013 08:59
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:25 on 6th February 2013

Maybe Richard Branson has been reading the POE forums? lol

Lets hope the new owners do a better, less expensive job.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 17:41 on 6th February 2013
Ron, I keep editing the above post to try and get the link to link, my usual methods don't seem to be working, is there something I should know, or am I not allowed to post links Smile