Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Kynance Cove, Cornwall

Kynance Cove

in the county of Cornwall

All Saints' Church in Ryde

Ryde

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

The 'POE List' for Service Comments, Good or Bad!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:11 on 8th August 2014

Yes, I think so also Ruth and in fact I have just got 192.com to remove his details from the web. In fact they contacted me and said thank you!

Moving on however, his father Roger Nelms threatens physical violence via his son David 'Badger' Nelms to those who won't shut up, or pay up and who according to him is a black belt in Karate. They are very used to making claims that they can't support!

He is a pathetic individual who in fact he doesn't even have a white belt in knicker elastic and I am not at all concerned by his threats. If he thinks he wants to have a go at me then bring it on. I might be nearly 69 years of age, but my brain still works!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:21 on 8th August 2014

Thames Valley Police have just confirmed an appointment for tomorrow regarding my report/complaint about the telephone call to my wife. I hope they will work with BT to confirm the offender.

Doesn't it make you sick that Police time and resources have to be consumed over such an incident? Data Protection Act or not, the offender should be identified by BT in my opinion.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:28 on 24th August 2014

Anna and I ventured into Oxford City today, bought two pairs of trousers from Marks & Spencer and you know what, no wonder they are going down the swanee with clothing sales.

The young girl checked, or removed the details on the security tags and then promptly rolled the trousers up like a toilet roll and proceeded to stuff them in a bag. Anna shouted at her (and Anna doesn't shout at anybody) hey give me them, I'll fold them up or they'll be like a dish cloth by the time we get home.

It's not as though there were no creases in the trousers, there were. The hangers were still in place keeping the trousers together seam by seam so to speak, but no the girl couldn't care less.

Obviously the days of staff training has long gone. A big thumbs down M&S and we will think twice about shopping there again.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:43 on 24th August 2014

I've noticed this in M&S Ron, everything gets screwed up and shoved in a bag. Not on for the prices they charge either. Go to Matalan where the clothes are a lot cheaper and they go to great lengths to make sure everything is neatly folded before it gets carefully put in a bag.

My mother causes a scene every time I take her into M&S to buy something, it's always over the folding. Mind you she's got to that age where creating a scene is becoming a hobby Smile

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 19:47 on 24th August 2014
Its not just Marks its everywhere--i remember in Tesco a while back we had a trolley half full and as we approached the till the girl sarcasticly said you have no chance i am nearly finishing my shift to which i replied if you dont serve us it stays where it is then you will have to re-shelf it--she soon changed her mind--they are very unpolite these days.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 20:35 on 24th August 2014

Yes, Anna agrees with you James. She mentioned that she has been treated the same way by Matalan in Cowley Centre, Oxford.

No pride in what they do nowadays. A case of get the money with minimal effort, go home, get out, get drunk, get help from those who care most and start again tomorrow!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 17:02 on 12th October 2014

A big thumbs down for a pub known as The Boundary House in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.

The reason, one and a half pints of draught diet coke cost me a staggering rip off price of £4.35 last night. We were there for an hour, the so-called music was unbelievably loud, seating was uncomfortable and so they deserve their place in the POE list for Bad Service!

It's the first time we visited and it will be the very last so they had better make good use of our money, which in the local supermarket would have bought us over a gallon!

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:21 on 16th December 2014

Asda Store Wheatley gets the thumbs DOWN for a disgraceful outburst aimed at me, from a member of staff today.

I have documented what went on in another POE thread, but in these troubled times I did what we should all be doing and that is draw attention to an unattended basket of shopping at the checkout. What I got from a member of staff supposedly in a position of lower management (meaning checkout or line manager) was total abuse. Despite involving the Deputy Manager it was not resolved satisfactorily.

I have been in contact with Head Office, the telephone number is shown in the other thread and they say they will contact the GSM, or Regional Manager - but we shall see what happens, if anything!

The obvious answer is to vote with your feet I guess, especially as Tesco is just half a mile further in the opposite direction.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:14 on 16th December 2014

And yet another THUMBS DOWN, but this time for online trader 'Escentual' (I purposely haven't given the complete url so that they don't benefit from POE's traffic) who sell perfumes.

Anna specifically wanted a perfume called 'White Diamonds' so I searched the net and came up with the aforementioned. Not knowing any different, I ordered 30ml and it arrived within a couple of days, total cost just under £20.00

The very next day Anna walked in and said look what I've got....100ml White Diamonds from SUPERDRUG in the High Street, cost £20.00

I wrote to Escentual who haven't explained the reason that they are nearly three times dearer than the High Street!

However, in an earlier email response they offered, get this..... as a gesture of goodwill 158 so-called 'pretty penny points' which in fact had expired because I hadn't used the account during the last year, so next time I order something I can get £1.58 off of the price, providing that is I purchase within 12 months....wow, so generous!

Well as they still haven't responded with an explanation as to why they are nearly three times dearer, they had better make the most of my money, because I will not be using the site again.

Remember, it may not be cheaper online, as was the case here!

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:32 on 16th December 2014
There's a web site called Cheap Smells Ron that's always worth checking out for perfume. On the high street there is also The Perfume Shop which usually has some good offers.