Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Inside Cardiff Castle

Cardiff

in the county of Glamorgan

Rhyl Harbour

Rhyl

in the county of Denbighshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Nuisance Calls - from telephone number 08000 128 015

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:53 on 31st January 2013

Have you been called from this number - 08000 128 015 once, twice, loads of times?

Well I can tell you it's from a Company called Network Research and they are an absolute pain in the a...e because they never give up, that is until I wrote to Virginia Monk (Managing Director) who responded today with the following:

"As you do not wish to receive these calls I can now confirm that I have removed your telephone number from our calling list and added it to our ‘never contact database’, this means we will not call this number again for any future surveys we conduct".

So there it is members, email her at: V_Monk@networkresearch.co.uk and tell her as I did that you don't want their nuisance calls. Make a nuisance of yourself, and see how she likes it. Did it do any good, time will tell because I was called again yesterday! (In fairness, that may have been before my  number was removed)....but, here's the response I got a few minutes ago:

"I can apologise again that your request not to be called again did not take effect before you were called a second time. Now that your number has been removed, you will not receive any further from us". Kind regards Virginia

However, I was angry and wrote "Stop your b....y nuisance calls or you will be taking part in a survey as to how many of your call centre staff can fit into one cell".

If you prefer to call them then here is the number 0207 680 5100 but a mass of emails from disgruntled members of the public to the Managing Director should do the trick!

Edited by: Ron Brind at:31st January 2013 11:58
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 11:38 on 31st January 2013

I had endless nuisance calls from Zenith Windows until I registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS). It is totally free to register.

It has stopped all UK-based cold calling to my number. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:06 on 31st January 2013

Yeah, I'm registered with TPS also Edward.

The fact is these people, and others alike really are a b....y nuisance, often interrupting a conversation, dinner, work on the PC, and of course you may well have struggled to get to the phone, so giving them the publicity that they don't want seems like a good idea to me.

Remember to stop calls from 08000 128 015 email the Managing Director at Network Research V_Monk@networkresearch.co.uk

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 12:15 on 31st January 2013

If you are registered with TPS, they should not be calling you, unless they claim it is for the purposes of genuine market research (whatever that is). 

Prior to my registration with TPS, I would always ask the name and home number of the caller so I could return their call at a time which would cause them maximum inconvenience. Not surprisingly, they rang off quickly when I asked for their personal number.

Edited by: Edward Lever at:31st January 2013 12:16
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:15 on 31st January 2013
LOL@Edward!
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:49 on 31st January 2013
We're registered with TPS too, but it doesn't stop calls from people with little or no grasp of the English language insisting they are called Kevin when they are obviously in India, anyway we just say we are going to get the person they want then put the phone under a cushion for 10 minutes, funnily enough they've always gone when we retrive the phone Laughing
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 19:56 on 31st January 2013

Now you know why I filter ALL my calls...and anyone I don't recognize..I don't answer....and I'll probably be getting an different cell phone here shortly for the same reason....I don't answer those calls when they come in either...and one person I blantantly told her..my cell phone is an "family and emergency phone" out going phne... and nothing else. I didn't know how she got my number but stop calling me before I file harrassment charges on her...in lieu of my medical condtion. My house phone is my public phone and it comes with an "message" feature so I don't miss the calls of others.  We like it that way..because it's got an " date and an time" on every call. We HAVE to have things this way in part for the "Scout" projects we do where there may be randomly unkown people calling in, such as the tree recycle going on and people calling to pick up an tree for instance..the message phone asks us to receive their address or in some way to contact them explicitly. If I don' tpick up on the call imediately..it most often because I'm not here..or in some room where I'm busy and don' thear the phone. As you know I wear an haring device as it is...my TV sets are geared to show me whose calling into the house and identifies them as the phone rings most of the time. I just don't have the time to mess with an lot of phone calls that aren't business related to me personally daily. I don't like talking politically on the phone either to an stranger. I use to work with an lady shose hubby was in the FBI you know and she told me that many times inscrupulous indidviduals case over your house first beforehand in robbing it by making random calls to find out one's daily habits of when your likely to be there and when your not. Both my neighbor and I are home most every day..now the mother down the street also....next door neighbor is  running her own " private cliental"  based business out of her house...to do that she had to file for an city business license stating no more then two cars at one time at her house..and in her driveway or there abouts at one time..no more then five total vehicles at one time on an daily basis. They use thier garage for their own private cars...so only once in an while she might have her daughter there helping her. She has never been an bother to me in reguard. In fact, I try to help her, byseeing to it that the garbage cans and pick up day are out of her coustomers site most the time when they arrive..our front yard is neat and clean. Just general courtesy for the most part. She is also retired..but working.

Please login to post to this thread...