Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of Totton

Totton

in the county of Hampshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

BEWARE OF AGGRESSIVE AND VICIOUS SUPERMARKET TROLLEYS !!!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 17:35 on 20th March 2013

Today I have had an incident with one of these uncontrolable beasts and I came off worse. After picking up a bit of shopping and paying for it I made my way back to the car. I had to stop at a crossing point where  the main route  into the car park crosses the path I had to take and a nice kind vanman stopped to let me cross. So as not to keep him waiting I quickly set off over the crossing , however, after only a couple of steps the trolley suddenly came to a dead halt and I did not !! It didn't half hurt ! The security wheels on the trolley had suddenly locked up, this is supposed to happen if you try to take the trolley out of the confines of the car park-- not when you are still in the middle of it!!! After staggerring back home managed to get an emergency doctors appointment and good news is no broken ribs but a pretty severe sprain/bruising that is going to take two/three weeks to clear up- life on the press is going to be interesting to say the least ! This is what I think of supermarket trollys today !!!!!!!!!  ---------

THEY ARE OFF THEIR TROLLEY
Picture by Vince Hawthorn

Trouble is I don't think I could manage to bung it anywhere ! 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 18:07 on 20th March 2013

Oh dear Vince that sounds nasty. I noticed today that the new batch of trollies in our local Tesco have big red warning signs on them stating that the wheels will stop working if you try to leave the site. Of course I managed to pick a 'new' trolly where the front right hand wheel had a mind all of it's own Frown

Not surprising then that some of them end up in the canal. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 18:12 on 20th March 2013

Yes folks the moral here is be in control and don't go so quick as to be at the mercy of these wayward creatures. 

Be back later. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 18:16 on 20th March 2013
Here's hoping that you heal quickly Vince!...then go back and bung the thing..smiles*
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:18 on 20th March 2013
Does that mean you are off your Trolley VinceSmileSmileSmile
cathyml
cathyml
quotePosted at 19:58 on 20th March 2013
Sorry to hear you ran foul of a trolley Vince!  Hope you recover quickly from the ordeal!Smile
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 20:24 on 20th March 2013
That was very unfortunate Vince, how quickly these things happen, I hope you will not suffer unduly,   How do the trolleys know when they are off the car park is it a case of that they will lock after a certain distance? I expect they got fed up with people taking them away and dumping them.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 20:29 on 20th March 2013

I found this Peggy, I'd no idea either.

"The system works on a radio signal transmitted from within the store via a sunken wire which will surround the car park and be marked by a highly visible red line.

All trolleys will be fitted with a device within the wheels and if trolleys are pushed over the wire, a brake comes on and the trolley can no longer be easily pushed.

The brake is de-activated and the trolley can be wheeled once it is pushed back inside the car park boundary."

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 20:34 on 20th March 2013
One of my pet hates is people who leave their empty trolleys in the motor lanes after they have been emptied--sheer laziness.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
quotePosted at 20:35 on 20th March 2013
Well thanks Ruth, very interesting, modern technology, how do they think it up?