Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Decorated

Cardiff

in the county of Glamorgan

Picture of the Priory Church, Leominster, Herefordshire -  (Taken by Joe Thompson 2007)

Leominster

in the county of Herefordshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Overseas Aid Programme.

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 22:01 on 6th April 2013

At  a time when everyone is experiencing drastic cuts isnt time that all this foreign aid is stopped,one instance is this massive aid donation to Pakistan where most of the wealthy do not pay any or very little tax-while this country is handing them £400 million  per year --something wrong somewhere.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:24 on 6th April 2013
Damn right James....time to start looking after our own
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 22:26 on 6th April 2013
  Don't they say " Charity begins at HOME "
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 22:27 on 6th April 2013
Yes Dave --and that is only  one country thats getting it.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 22:29 on 6th April 2013
Similar theme for WORLD aid we should sending whatever is the current missile of choice to that ruddy idiot in Korea..... he needs putting across his mothers knee
MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 22:31 on 6th April 2013

I totally agree with you James, we have enough poverty in our own country, that should be dealt with first surely

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 02:28 on 7th April 2013

We had an very interesting news story on TV the other day...the taxes per country in Europe in comparison to taxes here in the USA....while you guys are paying about 44 percent they said...the wealthy in the USA are not even paying at all if they have incomes of over $400,000 an year...because of tax write off's ...so you know whose doing all the paying over here.. the low income are that have low income jobs. We aren't any better...and I can't think of an country we aren't sending aide to in some way...just like you guys in ways. Average person under under 50 that's been made to "start all over again" wage and job wise is lucky to be making $25,000 to $50,000and year...what else did the news say...most kids leaving school with an cell phone are still having their services paid for by thier parents, as they can't afford them...while for many an Iphone or an android constitutes game playing, communications, and a bit of everything... when they can't afford computer service fee's either. Often the kids have food stamps..... but transportation and communications is something they go without these days on low wages. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 19:58 on 7th April 2013

How come this is happening if we all feel the same way?

The answer is to vote for UKIP when given the chance for Nigel Farage to put an end to it!

Ken Marshall
Ken Marshall
quotePosted at 08:08 on 8th April 2013

Pakistan will become the largest recipient of UK aid next year but only around one per cent of the country’s population pays income tax. £1.4billion will be given to Pakistan in 5 years.

Edward Lever
Edward Lever
quotePosted at 01:50 on 11th April 2013

Referring to the very informative site UK Central Government and Local Authority Spending ,The Overseas Aid figures can be seen in context by drilling down into Defence Spending. 

The total Overseas Aid budget is £8.6bn, or 0.5% of GDP.

The aid to Pakistan is therefore approx 0.016% of GDP.  It is still a lot of money, but may be seen as an investment in countering radicalisation.

Please login to post to this thread...