Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "40"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:28 on 8th June 2013
Good Morning all --another nice daySmile
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 10:49 on 8th June 2013
Hi James I guess you must have some sunshine, maybe it is late arriving here, so will keep indoors for now nd play on PoeSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:46 on 8th June 2013
Another sunny day here too. Postman has been still no bill for the car, looks like next week now. Thing is the garage is only in the village, the bother and sister who run it drive by my door on their way home, yet they always post the bills instead of just stopping and dropping it through the letter box.
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 14:50 on 8th June 2013
Got more money than sense Ruth
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:06 on 8th June 2013
Seems that way Peggy. 
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 06:35 on 9th June 2013

Ye gads..I hate car repairs with an purple passion of burning them in hell.. to say it in short. Cars are on the top of my list for wasting your hard earned money also..I've never seen anyone get the price they paid out of  one. But..laying that aside....it was an really nice day  today for the Portland Rose Parade, they were expecting 500,000 people there and it looked like maybe they were correct...we got the kiddies pool up and my grandson had an cold river "dunk" in it and never gave up until he warmed the pool up just swimming around in it I think. By afternoon, he'd spent the morning helping my neighbor dump her rocks...and talking to her....told her all about sissy surgery coming up soon, they get to slice the back on her head open near her ear, and clean out some kind of infection and then, she has no ear drum now...so going to repair it...her next surgery will be replacing an middle ear bone, and her finally surgery will be making sure everything is cleared up and no more infection...then she might get back 77 per cent of her hearing again. My hubby is already taking the day off for the surgery so we will have the boys with us. This is why I kept telling you all about having my yard ready for when the kids get out of school. They will be here a couple of days..plus throughout summer. My neighbor finally got rid of her mess out in the front along the street and sidewalk..they have been 2 years working at that.  They cleaned it all out and are putting in bark dust I think she said. Once the embedded rocks came out she can then spray the area and keep the weeds out better. But anyway...we made chili dogs for lunch today and a drink and I warched the Rose Parade as much as I could off and on. It was an really good parade, weather good, everyone's spirits good also, kids all over..it really seemed like the kind of town you wish every town these days in community spirit could be. .Little kids were all wearing little blow up airplane hats, with little whirly wind perpellers up front. Reminded me of when I was an kid..only then it was kiwqupee dools and balloons. Got to see an lot of old freinds that have helped made that Parade for years on end..and I lost count the "sister" cities Portland has now...I think they said four of five total. I know japan, Tiwain, two in Mexico, and I think the said one in Russia now. It's really got national and international now. Yep, Scotland, Ireland and England showed up. Bagpip[e, Dancers and the Medieveal era. Bands from Canada also. Coast guard, Navy, Army, Air force, Army, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and what else an person can think of including the horses/rodeo queens.  Just an real good parade. Anyway..my granson helped me weed my garden today...and by 4 pm fell softly asleep outside on an blow up mattress pad next to the fountain...and slept for 1 1/2 hours. He's down iwth grandpa right now, warchin gan sports game I think...but as soon as this International Space Station goes over our house...he's off to bed for night, making me promise him "pancakes" and sausages and scrambled eggs for breakfast..plus some swimming before he has to go back to his house. We had an small fire in the outside fire pit earlier and just talked and it's been an while since we've been able to do that together. So it's been nice. It's just been an over all good day around here and I really enjoyed it. Have an good evening everyone. The stars are out...and everyone is tired. We can watch them as we go to sleep... in the sky

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:21 on 9th June 2013
Good Morning to all--another nice day ahead --whats everyone doing?Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:59 on 9th June 2013

Hi to all POEsters.

Another interesting post from Shirley and hoping the health issues are resolved satisfactorily. You sure do have a busy life one way and another, glad it all finished well for once.

MikeT
MikeT
Posted at 14:20 on 9th June 2013
Hi everyone, lovely and sunny here, doing a bit in the garden
Peggy Cannell
Peggy Cannell
Posted at 15:52 on 9th June 2013
Wow where do you live Mike? different here, thermals need to be brought out againLaughing