Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Wimbledon Grrrrrrrgh!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 10:50 on 24th June 2013

If there is another so-called sport that is so b....y boring then somebody please tell me what it is. Wimbledon goes on for 2 weeks, gets an unbelievable amount of air time on television and for what, people grunting and groaning, hitting a ball about for an age and sweating showing us how much hard work it all is.

I think I need to hibertnate for two weeks, but what do you say members is it your game, is it over rated in your opinion?

The loud snoring will be coming from Oxford!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 11:54 on 24th June 2013
I agree Ron, can't be doing with it, fortunately as from Wednesday we are away so better things to do.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 13:36 on 24th June 2013

There is a little button on my TV which says 'ON and OFF' I would be inclined to set that to OFF if I were you Ron........

But having said that I think I have only had the TV on for a few hours in the last few months and that was only for an hour a night first week in June for the TT races. Will be similar from next week as the Tour de France is on then for 3 weeks. And that will be about it for the rest of the year until the Rugby Autumn Internationals.....

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 14:04 on 24th June 2013
Dave, did you pick up my post on another thread that the Tour de France passes my front door next year. Sorry about going off topic Ron Smile
Paul HiltonPremier Member - Click for more info
Paul Hilton
quotePosted at 14:57 on 24th June 2013

And after the singles finals, the runner up looks all dejected etc etc and the winner grabs the limelight. Shouldn't the £800,000 runner-up prize money cheer them up a bit?  Finals winners get £1.6 million this year.

Those who get knocked out in the quarter finals will have to struggle along with just £205,000 for their efforts.  This year, there's £22 1/2 million in prize money being divied up down the ranks.

MikeT
MikeT
quotePosted at 15:41 on 24th June 2013

All ball sports are good in my opinion, and Tennis can be very exciting to watch at times, I prefer Football though, and as Dave as said you can always turn off.

Paul, how many sports these days, that are worth watching, aren't money orientated?

Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 17:50 on 24th June 2013
Absolutely spot on Mike, we may be in a recession but the top flight sports never suffer do they?? Money certainly talks...
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:01 on 24th June 2013
On 24th June 2013 13:36, Dave John wrote:

There is a little button on my TV which says 'ON and OFF' I would be inclined to set that to OFF if I were you Ron........

But having said that I think I have only had the TV on for a few hours in the last few months and that was only for an hour a night first week in June for the TT races. Will be similar from next week as the Tour de France is on then for 3 weeks. And that will be about it for the rest of the year until the Rugby Autumn Internationals.....

Thinks......right, wait until his next lot of pictures are submitted.

Only joking Dave (lol) but that aside I never even handle the remote, let alone turn it on/off or change channels. Life really wouldn't be worth living if our television broke down!

I'm not silly, I've got a new one under the bed that she don't know about, just waiting for that day! lol

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 18:23 on 24th June 2013
I cant stand the game -same as golf,cricket,Rugby Union,athletics for me everything these days is money,money,money---i have always watched Rugby League since the early 50s but even now that is getting a bit boring  too much money involved.Frown
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 18:57 on 24th June 2013
Take the so called 'pinnacle' of sport....the Olympic Games.... a fantastic spectacle to be sure but where is the 'sporting' element now, Probably close on 90% are professional athletes who have never struck a proper days work, in fact some probably have not even completed schooling. Athletes at the most prestigious sports event without a doubt being paid 'appearance' money just turn up and wave and then 'start' just to put their toe on the line.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >