Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Brook House Inn

Boot

a Picturesque Village in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

"Horses" The mordern world buit on their backs

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 06:57 on 23rd July 2013

Horses

I always wonder how you came into being, your majestic stature your every movement is a story untold, to be in your presence is my ultimate joy, your kindness to mankind throughout all ages is a perfect dream.

Just to be with you is a magical journey of great desire, you give without any need for return, a true love of intense joy, when will I understand your thoughts.

Your only want from me is love and respect, what can I do to give more, you greet me each day with unconditional love that only true friends can enjoy.

In your early days of life I took great care of you, this has been returned seven fold, you are my true friend.

Each day I look into your deep brown eyes and wonder just how near can we be, your eyes and face tell me everything that I need to know, but still I wonder how close we are.

Give me a sign that you understand my thoughts, help me transcend into your mystical world where you enjoy being free but still hold that affection and return without question.

Your tender soft nose and whiskers so long, tell you everything about me you wish to know what is it about you I adore.

I express my love with true feeling for us both to enjoy, let’s walk together in a wonderland,

Through life we will maintain our special bond what is it about our affection that is special beyond all thoughts.

No it’s just you and me we have that special need to want each other for ever.

Neil Rodgers

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:34 on 23rd July 2013

Your poem reminds me of an movie obout an pair of unicorms..it was an kind of magical movie in it's day..and it had an story to it..kind fo good vs evil..  My best girlfriend in earlier days..her parents raised Arabian horses...they were so beautiful. Last I heard she had married and her husband and her are now raising horses as well. Not to far from me, if she hasn't moved by now. Where my dad was born in Nebraska was an old Pony and Stage coach station in it's day. It had been an kind of ghost town until historians went back to re-vamp it's history. I have pictures of my grandparents house. Out where my kids live now, one of their neighbors raises horses also.

Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 07:42 on 23rd July 2013
Thanks sk I have looked after Horses for the last 50years they are one of Gods special creatures
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 09:06 on 23rd July 2013
One of my favorite animals--an old friend of mine used to breed Shires.Smile
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 09:17 on 23rd July 2013

Hi James

I remember the time when all the farms used Shire horses for haymaking and transport, in the village where I used to live.

The main attraction of the week was to watch the steam driven wagon coming through the village of Denshaw on its way from Manchester to Ripponden,

I would love to know if anyone has a old photograph then again I will google the question.

Just found it  Model the Super Sentinel

Edited by: Neil Rodgers at:23rd July 2013 09:28
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 12:19 on 23rd July 2013

Neil, I live in Ripponden, would the steam driven wagon have been a Ripponden & District vehicle ? 

Their depot here in the village is now long gone and has been demolished and is now a housing development. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 14:25 on 23rd July 2013
Come to think of it i havent seen those vehicles for years i think they were blue and cream.
rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 15:37 on 23rd July 2013
They were blue & cream James.
James Prescott
James Prescott
quotePosted at 15:39 on 23rd July 2013
Yes Ruth they was Smile
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 15:49 on 23rd July 2013

Quite possible Rustyruth small world we live in

We used to come to Ripponden for Fish & Chips just at the fork road before the tee junction, is the small building still there?

Our favorite Pubs were the Bridge Inn and the Royal Hotel back towards Denshaw very in places in the late sixties.

Happy days