Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Babbacombe

Babbacombe

in the county of Devon

Godshill, Isle of Wight

Godshill

in the county of Isle of Wight

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Britain in the middle of a baby boom!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 18:16 on 8th August 2013

I wonder why?

I also wonder what the most popular names might be?

Anybody like to guess before the figures are released?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 22:10 on 8th August 2013

Okay nobody wants to say it so I will. 166,000 immigrants came into the Country and it seems most are of child bearing age.

Once again we are the 'envy' of Europe! Ha, ha, ha...they really must think we are totally stupid here. Little do they know that our hands are tied, or is that the reason for it, they know we can do nothing about it?

On the opposite side of the fence, some will say the immigrants will grow up to earn a wage and pay taxes to support our aging population, yeah and if you believe that...

I can't wait for the next Election and to be able to get Nigel Farage and UKIP in a position to make change.

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 23:01 on 8th August 2013

The official 'reason' I heard on the radio was that more women are choosing to have children later in life, in their late 30's and early 40's.  Personally Ron I think this is a load of rubbish. I watched a programme on TV a couple of weeks ago about a junior school in London, OK the kids were 4/5 year old and cute, but not one single child in the class had English as their first language. 

You can't tell me that the few women electing to have children in their 40's is contributing in any way to this massive boom in births. 

Edited by: rustyruth at:8th August 2013 23:01
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 08:29 on 9th August 2013

Ruth says>>> but not one single child in the class had English as their first language. Yes Ruth we have seen and commented on exactly the same fact.

Apparently, we have reached 63.7 million in number on this island now!

It has to stop!!

Please login to post to this thread...