Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Isle of Wight Steam Railway

Sandown

in the county of Isle of Wight

Chester Black and Whites

Chester

a Historic City in the county of Cheshire

Marlborough--Savernake Forest, Wiltshire.

Marlborough

in the county of Wiltshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

We as a Country are really stupid!

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:57 on 1st December 2013

On Sky News this morning they are reporting that we are apparently paying out £millions to those in Iraq and similar areas where 'wrong doing' has taken place (the claimants say). Haven't we been at War with these Countries?

And the next statement was that the Taliban are going to claim that their Human Rights have been compromised, with claims against the UK taxpayer!

What about the Human Rights of our Services personnel and/or their families for death and injury? It makes me sick, we really are so stupid and it's about time somebody made a stand and said enough is enough!!

Further, maybe somebody should tell the powers that be in Government to 'keep your nose out' of all future disputes regardless of where they are, unless it affects us directly and in which case we then go in all guns blazing! Lets put the 'Great' back into Great Britain.

What say you members?

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:29 on 2nd December 2013

Anybody got an opinion on this?

Surely another reason to get rid of the Human Rights Act because I honestly don't think it was ever intended that it be used this way.

Where will it end?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 07:29 on 3rd December 2013

Your getting all steamed up over something that has happened in the world..... since time began Ron.

Two little boys were fighting one day..."My daddy's better then YOUR daddy!"...stated one of them...the other one laughs and says.."YOUR daddy... IS my daddy!"

What we fail to realize is that we are fighting for the same cause called justice and religion...and freedom...we just do it differently......and against each other.

AS long as someone is making big bucks of wars...we will probably have wars. As long as there's something to gain from another...we will always have our struggles. Someday if we ever grow up...we might be able to sit at an table and argue it out there...but it's gonna be an rarity if it ever happens. for the most part..most of us are bankrupt from paying for wars also. An good share of our Trillion dollar budget problem right now.

Please login to post to this thread...