Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Hampton Court Way Bridge (Hampton Court Palace is just across the river to the right)

East Molesey

in the county of Surrey

Aintree racecourse

Aintree

in the county of Merseyside

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Yippee! Now you can sell your photo's on POE

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:21 on 19th January 2014
  It is a case of wary of change I reckon, stay with it John, we have all been very aware of the sudden change in uploads and I agree with Dave that given a while and things will settle down. The only difference I hope is that POE could be just a bit more financially secure and the likes of us can continue to show our humble pics along with the family as we know it continuing.
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 23:46 on 19th January 2014
A bit more than coincidence I think John but stick in there mate
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
quotePosted at 23:52 on 19th January 2014
 I'll drink to that as well.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:44 on 20th January 2014

John says>>> I am thinking of asking POE to remove my pics from sale as I don't think I will sell any. I didn't on the other site that was sister to this.

The other site that you refer to John did sell pictures and there are members that can confirm that, but as with POE C&S didn't have the resourses to throw at it and so it died a natural death.

Dave is absolutely correct in what he says about not being too hasty, they are trying to raise as he states, much needed cash to keep POE going so to withdraw over a 'whim' is not the right thing to do and it won't help them. In fact it will do harm if anything, because you also have some good photos here John.

C&S are also aware of the things that need to be changed on POE, the ideas that you guys make really are taken onboard, but it's always back to cash, and so we go on. Remember, this is a husband and wife team keeping POE together, not some IT firm with 20 or 30 programmers to call upon.

Hang on in there John and do what you have done in the past, support a great site from which you take great pleasure, namely POE!

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 08:35 on 20th January 2014
Two words strike me here. Freeloaders and quality. The new initiative to sell images has had he two immediate effects, they being an increase in the number of non premier members submitting images, and maybe more importantly, an increase in the quality of the photographs. These factors are positive in that the better the pictures the better the overall image and reputation of the site. If the site is made more attractive, more hits will be made and this should, if the quality is good, a result in sales will be a shot in the arm for POE. There might well be more meaningful debate in the posts too. So, I do think that it would be good to have more members prepared to have a gold star against their names, but that is in some ways a matter of conscience. I truly hope that POE make a successful go at all this, as I do think that image quality was perhaps not that great overall, and POE is a "window into England" for many who do not live here. So, best foot forward chaps! 
Neil Rodgers
Neil Rodgers
quotePosted at 09:00 on 20th January 2014

I think it is fantastic that the POE site is managed by C&S without any outside IT firm, I know by experience of running my small site the detail and attention required to opperate the site efficiently, and especially now with the sale of photographs from the site, the work will become far more complex than ever.

Goog luck C & S

Neil  

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 10:47 on 20th January 2014
John, stick with it, I'm sure the rush will die down when people realise they aren't going to be overnight millionaires, then things will be back to normal. I just hope there is enough money generated to help Chris and Sarah keep POE financially better off. If I ever sell one picture I'll be chuffed, I'm not here for the money.
Martin Humphreys
Martin Humphreys
quotePosted at 19:46 on 20th January 2014

It seems we may well be back to the old "chestnut" of a daily limit for uploading I fear, as there seems to be a few people getting a bit over excited with their daily uploads & the site getting swamped with reams of images that quite frankly, very good as many of them are ... are just getting too much once again to view & comment on & many fine images are being overlooked by the sheer quantity coming in. I guess this was bound to happen due to the changes made .. but for me it does take away some of the enjoyment of viewing new images on the site. Think we have said before a max of 10 per day would seem about right ?

rustyruth
rustyruth
quotePosted at 19:53 on 20th January 2014
I've just gone through 5 pages of the same place Martin, and although the images are themselves OK, I felt I was being overloaded with the same stuff.
Dave John
Dave John
quotePosted at 20:01 on 20th January 2014

I have to agree with you Martin, just too many to stop and look at properly and a phenominal number from  a couple of members.Froma very quick scan through best part of 30 pages!! there seemed to be some very good images iuploaded but also a lot of quite mediocre ones and lot of very similar iimages But as I said previously in this thread I think, they will soon die down when people realise that sales are not gonna happen overnight. And tghe promoting strategy thet Chris and Sarah decide on will obviously have a great effect on where images are sold. Lets just hope that these folk docome to their senses and think of quality not quantity.

This is not a large professional agency that demands a minimum number of top quality photos from its members, it is a great family run site trying to make a bit of money to keep going.