Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Going home

Ramsgate

a Seaside Town in the county of Kent

Halter Devil Chapel, Mugginton, Derbyshire

Mugginton

in the county of Derbyshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "56"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:01 on 24th August 2014

Good morning..guess by now you have heard that early in the wee hours this morning California had it's 6.0 earthquake..no deaths but houses caught on fire and lots of stuff got thrown about.  Canyon Valley, some 50 miles from San Francisco...plus we had an second highest Solar Flare ever recorded...my..exciting morning. They finally took my son's old "Shelby" to the auto wreck yard...it left with sadness, and an huge expense in the past to hubby and I, but I doubt we'd ever have the money to completely fix it up now...we already tried...never got any where with it...but expenses..I still have the camper to move...and he said he'd be back for that later on and hope sooner then later. We are getting ready now for autumn and winter. Judy, the gal who lost her house in those Washington State fires..sent me the nicest "Thank You" note yesterday. "Thank you so much for your wonderful gifts and thoughtful ideas. You have been so understandling and aware of our needs. Your earthboppin buddy..love Judy, Harry and Samatha."She left her phone number also...probably her cell phone. I take it she's still living in his bosses RV most likely...in an warehouse. Lot of people these days losing everything they own because of disasters. 

On my diet, 3 days have walked 5 miles, lowered my test reading in Blood Glucose 102 points, with another 100 to go before it's normal again and blood pressure about 25 points..I'm still taking my lowering cholestrol medications also. I have 24 pounds to lose before the next test...in about one month...we are doing this one month at an time...because fo the medications. Today is my day of rest..despite all going on, but better ahere to it..my legs are bothering me considerable, but I lost the creaking joints walking so much. Each to his own bode I guess..talk later on.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:17 on 24th August 2014
Another tough, but interesting post Shirley. Hope your health continues to improve with a mix of meds and walking.
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 19:33 on 24th August 2014

I don't think losing 24 pounds in one month is recommended Shirley. The average weight loss for losing body fat not water is an average of 3lb per week. It's not something I've evey had to do but a close friend was recently told to lose weight and her dietician and GP both said the 3 pound a week mark is what to aim for. It seems if it falls off too quickly as soon as you start eating a few more calories a day the weight gain is pretty sharp. 

Anyway good luck, hope you get all your levels where they should be. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:50 on 24th August 2014
Good Evening folks--all ok to-night??Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 19:52 on 24th August 2014
Hi James, all okay..........................................so far! lol
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:03 on 24th August 2014
All is well over this side of the hill James thanks Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 20:37 on 24th August 2014

Can you see over the hill Ruth with the Volcano erupting?

Seems ash clouds could disrupt flights again, although I don't think they are quite sure of how bad it's going to be yet.

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 20:51 on 24th August 2014
I've only to look over the Pennines to see James Ron, no ash cloud here - yet Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:33 on 24th August 2014

What, you can see into his bedroom, because that's where he is sat isn't it?

His dear wife is downstairs watching the television (assuming he has brought her in from outside that is)...

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 22:39 on 24th August 2014
 Old habits die hard don't you think Ron.