Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Steam Train 2

Beamish

in the county of County Durham

Train

Carlisle

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "57"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:00 on 4th September 2014

Hoe p you have a great time Ruth! lol

Hi to all POEsters...

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:08 on 4th September 2014
Thanks Ron, we are Smile

Edited by: rustyruth at:4th September 2014 22:09
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 22:12 on 4th September 2014
On 4th September 2014 21:58, Dave John wrote:
Yeah, sad news indeed. We have been bringing Xmas decorations in from Belgium for several weeks now !!!! Lots of posh shops buying Chinese junk sold by a wholesaler in Belgium.

Ah, crever peepol dese Beljuns, day sel junks to us for cristmus.

Davey man say so! lol

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:24 on 5th September 2014
Silly hat on the coat hook, morning to all POEsters.
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 11:07 on 5th September 2014
Good Morning to all on this fine sunny daySmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:48 on 5th September 2014
Good morning everyone, another scorcher here too Smile
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 16:12 on 5th September 2014
Afternoon all   --everyone ok??Smile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 16:44 on 5th September 2014

If you punch in the history link JOhn, it will tell you about the prominent people in the past, one of them brought the first printing press to England from that area. I'll go see if I can find this other place also.

90 degrees here today, 94 tomarrow..I'd just as soon boot both temperatures out the door until next summer. I have an 30 year old tree out back with the entire top of it crispy burnt...never has that happened before. Thinking about taking an day trip tomarrow to the coast, where it's cooler. My kitty cats hate being locked up inside also, but it's to hot to let them walk around on pavement outside with these kind of temperatures. No wonder the acrons on the oak tree are dropping all over the place, probably lack of mositure in the tree to hold them there.

I made it down 10 pounds finally...my blood sugar is now in the normal range....20 miles put in on walking should of taken my trigycerides down also...diet off the cholestrol.  Far though from being out of the proverbial woods on this health issue, the tests are for three month readings...so I have this month and next month yet to go. if I can get down another 10 to 15 pounds by then, I should of lost the 10 per cent of body weight to get me out of the pre-diabetic stage. Last month I work at stabilzing it all...and of course the weather should be changing by then, so won' tbe able to walk some days..might do floor exercises instead. I gotta go for today, so talk later on. 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 17:27 on 5th September 2014

Ah...John...just looked it up..no picture of the Garden, but everything else looks worthy to visit..family friendly...and they say that an roaring fire greets you also, particualrly in winter time.  Pool tables, sports TV..one an big screen, juke box, sounds to me like there's an bit of everything there...food looks fantastic..had good reviews, but cautions to book your reservation, or you might be waiting for awhile. 

Reminds of an place we go up to in the winter time at the base of Mt. Hood, they have an small village there...one side of the restruarant is dining, the other side in informal eating booths looking out the windows and the traffic going buy..across is an Itailian restruant serves pizza and spaghetti. This little restruant serves steak and spirits and breakfast mostly.  It's very near within walking distance to where our hisotric family lived at "Toll Gate"...with the elders gone, it's not being kept up like it use to be. It changed managers apparently recently..last time we were there we got an big bowl of  wild blackberry cobbler with ice cream on top of it...t'was good. ..had our grandson with us. 

Yes, finding someone that has an decent steak, at an decent price, and cooked to where it all but melts in your mouth is hard to find these days. Some places do exist though. Enjoy your meal there...Your freinds and the outting John. I use to belong to an ladies group and that's what we did for over 20 years was meet once an month and try out an different restruant in the Portland area. One of the brother's of the ladies... went to Las Vegas many years ago to renovate it with new restruants. We've had an lot of laughs, the mexican one down along the water front...crazy waiters...one set at our table to take our order cause he was "tired" when one of the girls asked for chicken..he yelled out "Chicken" and a guy came out with an rubber naked chicken and pounced it down in front of her...girls by the time we got out of there from drinking margarita's were all but sliding under the table they were so relaxed...it was Ruth's birthday, so this little white haired lady at the time...they pulled her into the middle of the room, threw hugh mexican hats around and proceeded to dance around them wishing her an Happy Birthday...singing an crazy song. It was funny. She turned pink from embarrasment but she was every bit an lady and let them do thier thing...they hugged her an gave her an kiss at the end. Food was good and well priced also. You don't forget those kind of places easily. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:54 on 5th September 2014
Good Evening to allSmile