Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Walla Crag - Borrowdale - Lake District

Borrowdale

in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "58"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:30 on 17th October 2014

Good Afternoon --i am back --landed at Manchester at 11-30am ,had a great time weather really hot --hotel very good --the washer is on already so it will be an easy tea to-night.

Hope all are well and happy --be bacl laterWink

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:19 on 17th October 2014
Good afternoon James, nice to see you back. Glad you had a lovely time, see you later Smile
Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 16:56 on 17th October 2014

Pleased you are back James and enjoyed your Holiday,

very grumpy weather here today. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 17:37 on 17th October 2014
Welcome home mate...
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 18:51 on 17th October 2014

Hi there James...just in time!....I'll decide for what later on?..but it's good to see you again.

Ron, you make me sound like Benny Hill..sliding with grass stains..no way. My new washer is very "different" it has no center agitator...it washes the clothes like an industrial washing machine does and the tub swirling the clothes against the side with an wall of water that goes through them...and the dishwasher is different also...it has three different arm sprayers that swirl in washing the dishes...one on top, one on bottom and one under the top shelf of the dishes. Both supposedly use less water to do an better job of cleaning.  My new clothes washer has no buttons for the water level either..it weighs the clothes and decides on it's own how much water it uses while washing them.  I turn an dial to what kind of clothing I'm washing...such as " Jeans" or "Permanent press" clothing. It also has an second rinse cycle..It uses less soap. It takes an while to get use to not have an central agitator in the machine...but it can't tear your clothes to bits and spit them out at you either. They are the most up to date appliances out there. They both also came with stainless steel tubs inside of them...not plastic. My washer operates like an huge machine but fits as anormal sized washer would in the laundry area and so does the dishwasher...standard size...but bigger dish compacity and silverware basket as needed.  I can wash an full set of 12 place settings in it. That's what I wanted cause either everyone's here or just hubby and I and we have an short automatic rinse cycle so we can build the dishes up before we need to wash tem if we don't have enough for an full load. It also takes on larger pots and pans in the bottom unit.

Rain here today, but I don' t mind it right now..I even see the grass that was deader then an doornail... reviving an bit. I've been sharing receipes with Judy in this letter...two of them are for an Peach Eggnog and an Coffee Eggnog...to go with cookies. Of course most the people would most likely bring thier own soda pop or drinks. But if they don't always good to have an wee bit of something. It says the liquor is optional...hum....don't sound like it would taste very good without it.  Coffee includes Kahlua liquor..with an frothy whip cream topping on it, made with vanilla, whip cream and powdered sugar to make soft peaks and then you dash some coffee crystals across the top to garnish it... and the other uses peach brandy liquor.. along with an cup of Rum and eggnog mix and half an half milk. Then comes th ecookies, but we won't get into them right now. I'm still trying ot lose some weight before the lab tests next week. I guess I go for now and see what I can get myself into for the day. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:15 on 17th October 2014
The morning we arrived there had been a storm but at 10-30am it was very hot 75 degrees plus then a slight shower on wednesday--no sunbathing but a few days out --nice to be home though.Smile
Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 21:39 on 17th October 2014

Welcome back James and glad you had a good holiday.

did you look out and check the leaves? 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 21:41 on 17th October 2014
Yes Vince  there is a lot --that is the first job to-morrow morningSmile
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 22:00 on 17th October 2014

I've been shifting leaves today Frown

Good evening everyone Smile 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 03:38 on 18th October 2014
We did serious leaf raking last weekend...they were projecting 2.6 some inches of rain this entire week..no way!  As usual..never happened. An shower possibly tomarrow morning and the guys wanna go back out and get some more wood tomarrow. While the gettin is good as they say. So James...highlight of your trip was....or can we ask?  It' s nice to go, but it's indeed nice to be back in ways also.