Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Walking the dog on Sheringham beach in the evening

Sheringham

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 10:26 on 3rd April 2015

Good morning all, at last its stopped raining, so hopefully we will get out fora walk,

hope yo all have a good Easter 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
Posted at 13:22 on 3rd April 2015

Task today, is to take a candid street picture involving umbrellas. Second task is to not get annoyed when Wigan beat St. Helens this afternoon. Third is to not overdo the gin when they do. 

Vince Hawthorn
Vince Hawthorn
Posted at 16:05 on 3rd April 2015

Hi All, hope everyone is ok.

Just to let you know the spammer is back on the comments again  

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 18:56 on 3rd April 2015

I've just seen the score Rod, hope you're not overdoing the gin Smile

Good evening everyone Smile 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 19:46 on 3rd April 2015

Ron, it wasn't easy....I made Gluten-free cupcakes last night...and put coconut-pecan..cream cheese frosting on top..with tinted green coconut for grass..unsweetened kind and topped it all with an "Resses" chocolate peanut-butter half easter egg in foil and then spread all down and around another bag of white and chocolate smaller easter eggs and bunny rabbits in foil around the bottom of the entire baking sheet. They are just right..not to sweet and over bearing.

I'm finishing off my paper to Grits...with how we are related to Queen Elizabeth II by way of "Katherine, Dutchess of Kent" through Baronet Digby Lawson and the Worsley family...whom was co-hort to Christopher Lawson in the 1600's Jamestown Va." Lawnes Plantation"...of whom "Grits" is asking me information on. But this picture of the Duchess Katherine...reminds me of my great Aunt Katherine that got me started in geneaology to begin with...and they could of been twin sisters to look at pictures of them...so I got into family things...and it left me very sad to think off all the fine people I wished I known even better...and didn't because they passed on in life.  I started something with my great aunt...an huge red and white cross of flowers at her passing, in ways inspired by the Masonic lodge days, as she was an grand worthy Matron of her chapter in California...they were taking care of the Presidents home back then while he was in the white house you know.. and I kept it up with my own mother and with Pat..mom's cousin that was with me when I was pregnant with my first child without an mother to go to, whom both my great aunt and uncle Archie brought out to California to raise when her mother passed on, My great uncle was an "shriner" Masonic Lodge member....I wonder if I should write that down somewhere for my sister or myself...to have an red and white cross in flowers when we pass on also. I  liked dad's only sister also..Velda Kloke...she's gone now also. They were into farming thousands of acres back in Nebraska. These were women making an difference in the lives of others when women had very little "voice" in life beyond marriage and household...my Aunt Velda's work, Member of her local church, Afternoon Ladies United Guild, Glendale Women's Club, Beta Sigma Phi and Harvard VFW Auxiliary, President off all those organizations, Sunday school teacher, 4-H leader of Country Slickers, and an cub scout leader. She was also member of the Associated Ladies Softball League in, for the City Oil Co in her town also. I was talking to her on the phone, she seemed so depressed as she told me that her birthday was coming up and she knew it would most likely be her last one...I said, well, we should keep it

kind of special then, and I rented an car unknown to her at the time, but not her

husband..., took my dad with me and Betty...who they said couldn't travle at the time...and hubby an were were back there in two days time...we wlaked in on

her birthday at an local grange hall...and I hugged her, told I had to do something to make her birthday "special"....from her house...we went back to Lebanon, straight to the hospital to see Jerry's oldest brother...just then coming out of an heart operation..and heart attack. We told him we thought he had his gown on backwards...but either way there was something to be seen and started laughing. He gave us that look like "smart $SS"... and smiled. Always got to add something there. Then we turned around...called his oldest sister as we got an room, went back and picked up my dad..and we drove home...in all less then an week's time...over 2,000 miles we drove...and dad and Betty didn't  have an problem at all....only once did we stop about five minutes in the Rockies so dad could sniff some Oxygen we brought along with us. I honestly think that trip kept him alive far longer then the doctor could of ever done.  So it was I read letters and thought of them all this morning. It is times like this that I have to remeber to myself of my bible that was given to me in Sunday School at age five, and the picture of Jesus holding the little lamb in his arms, and knowing the little lamb is me in ways...and without him, I doubt I could of made it some days, but also never forgetting..."thou shall not worship any other Gods"...but the creator also. 

With that I leave you to know that Portland is the 4th highest city for drinking Beer/alchohol... across the nation.... from the news this morning. Here I amconstantly saying to cut it down.... and live an little longer to everyone. Our weather is wild today or suppose to be..sun/rain/sun.. and then it rains again coming in Saturday..just in time for easter....but we got "cupcakes" if nothing else to hide around the in the cupboards and drawers. I should go an get the doggies some chew sticks...they always come to me with... "what do I get?" faces on them....and I'm always itn trouble for slipping them an little something also. I had an" lecture" one day why they can't have cookies...I didn't see where one would hurt them.  they ate it right away any way. Have an good day everyone!!!

Rod Burkey
Posted at 21:22 on 3rd April 2015
Ruth. I stopped at one large G&T. It was a good game. 
rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 11:35 on 4th April 2015
Glad to hear that Rod, I'm just left wondering - how large ? Smile
Rod Burkey
Posted at 14:01 on 4th April 2015

It was a "domestic" measure. There will be no drowning of sorrows if my football team Eveton lose to Southampton as we are off out swimming tonight, and I don't intend drowning myself either! 

I took a picture of the Magical Mystery Tour bus outside John Lennon's old home, "Mendips" an hour or so ago to complete my daily pictuture challenge. This will go on to 30th June. It's not been easy, but certainly is stretching my mind. 

rustyruth
rustyruth
Posted at 15:33 on 4th April 2015

My domestic measure are known to be quite large Smile

Glad to see you're keeping up with the challenge, look forward to seeing the Magical Mystery Tour bus.  

Hope the football and the swimming go well. 

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:18 on 4th April 2015

Good evening, its has been a beautiful day here.

i seem to be having problems with Emails it tells me the user has cancelled it,   so don't know what i have done,  will have to wait until Tuesday before i  can get it sorted,  which is frustrating,