Derby

in the county of Derbyshire

Morecambe Bay Sunset, Lancashire.

Morecambe

in the county of Lancashire

Village sign

Castle Acre

in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 20:44 on 7th April 2015

Well, I could stand to talk to him about the Prescott family...I did run across them lately in legacy papers. Just because my body is in Oregon, doesn't mean my spirit is exactly....I'm residing in New York with that one at the moment...and my soul belongs to my "boss"...God/Lord Creator. Now that Kate and William headed back out of New York from the weekend...I guess I can get it "together" again on this side of the land. Taking Easter down means the napkins are tossed into the fireplace, the flowers are wilting, the left overs are being consumed, and it's  back to work.

But I'm crabby this morning....there was an early tapestry that was commisioned over in Endgland..just after they arrived in Virginia...and it's one of those caseswhere I read th einformation and decided to not bookmark it...it's now lost. they have literally wiped out the painter "William Larkin" as to whom his family was and such data...they do have him married, but his daughter "mary" died.  They are restructuring it to be an "Cary" lineage now out of Kentucky with the Lawson's. So they have destroyed all other data concerning it...and this my dear people will be the future of geneaology until we are all luntics from intermarriage and not knowing our true ancestors. But I do think "Rosalie" has become "God" by now... so she can run things..PUKE>>PUKE!  Our Larkins family is truly "dead" now. I'm glad I only had one son also, he's been the family "sacrificial lamb" you know in life....no daughters, as I figured they do something of this nature...way back when. I have no idea what my four cousins will do with the Larkins name for an future..at least Eleanor got them all through college...before she died. Teh rest all play an game of "control" and fight amoung themselves...as is what my sister in-law tells me what was going on in Missouri when hubby's oldest sister passed on also. I can not say I hear from any of them these days..and maybe an good thing in ways. I will become like my ancestor someday...whose she?/he?/them?. So it is I'm crabby this morning.

I read on this William Larkin at one time...and feel he may of been commissioned to Virgina to paint pictures of the arstocratic families as there were no painter's here back then when he arrived. But I also read that they wanted him to do pictures of the Native American chief's also before they all got killed off..and perhaps an nice tribute to Pocahantas also..having been made over to "English" by her marriage. That they had an tapestry in the works back then also. Because next to painting...everything was worked up into tapesteries...they didn't have cameras back then you know. It's not the one the Queen had commsiioned in 1980...but today it's the only one I can find on line. The other one had an name also. Thye also have wiped out the Devereux name of his wife also. Changed her father's legacy to Richard...and has it spelled as descent from the D'Everuxname. An later wife of John Lawson in one case...and so again, I see  this King Henry VIII carry over with the Cook family by way fo the Robards..by way of DAR James Larkins legacy...one I've been found correct on when they get to Salt Lake records. thsi Cary family brings into ours the "Lucus" family, whom were super rich in ways..so it's an " must be" legacy. ..though I think "God" knows the truth. They have made Richard Devereux her knew father..though they all had an "Elizabeth" by name also..and his wfe as Dorothy Hastings...must be coming out of Hastings, Nebraska heh?..as they are not in any family data I have of them that are connected.  But ti is interesting as there's Bouchier family mentioned that they stopped the legacy of Knoles Manor on that includes the Cardinal William Warham...that the Slackvilles now own butI did have this was originally the estate taken from Cardinal William Warham's wife an generation prior by Margaret, mother of King Henry VII so she could be near her ill son while he went to school near by...probably "Oxford". They say the Devereux family had been the Earl fo Essex...and I'd have to check into that one also. I've never heard of Francis Washington in our lineage and we know we are kidn to them through our Read/Reed line....John Washington to be exact...and that takes back to the Forrester family of Bamburgh Castle and the Percy family  of Anwick also...as they are related.  Your see, my bad temperament probably some from old "Hot Spurs" Percy. Anyway I've got to send this all off back east here soon..one more day and it's gotta be done for now.  Always starts with an "Margaret" also..no matter what the name. Done reminds me of Dudley...and just what I've read about him, he sounds like another "Gold digger" of riches and wealth to Queen Elizabeth I as was Thomas Wolsey to her father Henry VIII..which I think stems back two generation ago to King John Lackland..his  went to France...parents left him to try to run an essentially "bankrupt" country...and the Baron's weren't going to buy into higher taxes or supporting him...enchforth the Magna Carta legislation.  Thanks kind of like putting your kid up on the chopping block also. I go for now...before I get into the slughtering by the Native Americans that insist they were the "good guys" also. God must be shaking his head in disbelieveth by now. I guess we go through these things to see how good an Christians we really are maybe?..... 

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 20:52 on 7th April 2015

Good Evening to all who are awakeSmile

Keep em coming ShirleySmile

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:11 on 7th April 2015

No no no..DAR James Larkisn is not correct spiritually to say on being our kinhip...none of the family he says are his are in my opinion...our family comes from REv. Samuel McAdoo's first husband of James Larkin killed in Johe Sevier's own personal miltia in Tenn in 1795...of Washington Co. back then...his brother is the John Larkin of Dickson Co., Tenn....the Indian fight that he was killed in left..his wfe an widow...she remarried Benjamin F. Clark in 1805....both these brothers are the son of an Virginia William Larkin..died before 1800. he would be an ancestor of an earlier Willam Larkin...either of Virginia, or those of Massachusettes Larkin family. Running the bookstore and making bibles..on Cornhill..kin said Ebaneezer Larkin. He died with 17 kids..and very few of them are known.  I do think many of them adopted the name of Lucus though for Larkin or they intermarried. Some say Major Robert Lucus married an Sarah Larkin. See since Prescott is an lineage also of these Larkin..maybe he could tell me "what" Larkin or was she one of them that was unknown. Lucus was also in New Jersey where my Read/Reed family were at early on with William Penn. Our Sarah MAdoo Larkin had James brother John...help her get an land patent in Ilinois not to far where our family lived...as Mary A. Larkin. I have found and pedigree chart on their connections.  It includes Francis MCKameyfamily(King, McKamey/Mcadoo formed the Cumberland Presbyterian Church of Ky...and the one in Tennesse...before losing them all the the fraudulent land act coming out of Georgia. Rev, McAdoo probably went with Major Robert Lucus up north to live in his area...and he could of raised our William Larkin also in his youth....and I have where our Larkin family were nieghors..not to far away...and John Mason another closer neighbor was signer of the Declaration of Independence. So anyway..I have wrok to do an must leave thsi for an bit.  The oldest brother was methodist Rev. Thomas Larkin...whose wife was Elizabeth Martin on some records, he was called one of the three Bishops of early Methodism,...Hilles (hill) in others...out of Somerset Co., Pa. Where our William E. Larkin(s) married the Read/Reed family. This family are Masonic Lodge members back to the time of George Washington and Benjamin Franklin also. 

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:08 on 8th April 2015
Hi to all POEsters, have a great day!
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 08:54 on 8th April 2015
Good Morning to all who are around -enjoy the daySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 21:55 on 8th April 2015

Well, I sent out my latest history work back east, UPS it was nearly $35...had I sent it over there it would of been $400 most likely. Since she is older and just bought her house for the first time in her life...and got smacked with finding out she needs an $7,000 new septic tank out back...I sent her some patterns I found, for making throw covers over furniture. One pattern you can buy the covers right now for $20 an chair...so it could represnt an good savings to make them herself. 

Covered history from there to here also..from the Celts to the vikings, to the anglo saxon's, to Duke William of Normany, to religion , the names she asked me about and many she didn't, castles, politics of the day surrounding the names, and thier landing in colonial Virginia. I explained to her that it was basically an lot of background information to help her maybe know where to go on her search also. I did something very diferent this time and centered it on the femine aspect of geneaology also...somethng not seen to much.. One reason why finding that name of the tapestry would of came in handy...that I was talking about yesterday...so now it's back to work in the house for an bit...which greatly needs it. I have an computer turned on...but no screen showing up either...so I'm down here at hubby's at the moment. Had to tell Grits her small "box" would arrive in 5 days time from what they told me. Other then that, cold today and it feels that way inside the house also. Resting an bit before I jump into doing something else around here...someday I have to go out an move one big heap of an tool chest and clean out an corner in the garage, so hubby can set up his new workbench.I'll probably re-position the tool box behind the opening doors, along the wall.. and the table next to it at the end...and the BBQ on the other side, so I can roll it out when needed. I was looking at pictures of an BBQ "Engineer" style...guy had hooked his spining roastier on an paddle set up in an small creek so it could be used with out electricity..to keep his chicken spinning... in remote areas...where there wasn' t any electricity. Kind of novel, like the new " tree camping", where they hang tents down an huge tree and sleep in them now, suspended in the air... read..whatever. The tents have an really strong square or triangle frame on them..electric candles inside for light...and you see maybe 8 tents hanging in every direction on the bigger limbs..like 2 to 3 on each side if the tree is big enough..away from animals, and doesn't kill the grass under the tent. I would guess they would ground camp in the case of an storm going through...under and over tarp of some kind to water proof them. Time to be thinking about such things...summer is usually here by June you know..that's less then 2 months right now.I bought me an big solar light this morning from Pier One...an glass beaded butterfly that is also an solar light. It's on the other side of the pond for now. You know me and my 20 per cent off sales. LOL.

Shop on ladies!!!....better go for now. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:08 on 9th April 2015
Good Morning to all who are around on this bright Spring day.
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 09:46 on 9th April 2015

Shop on Ladies, do they ever do anything different? lol

Hi to all POEsters...

Pat Trout
Pat Trout
Posted at 18:13 on 9th April 2015

Good evening all

it has been a glorious day, but i am still frutrsted as still having email problems. hopefully tomorrow i shall get it sorted, 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 18:28 on 9th April 2015
Good Evening to all--all had a nice day then???Smile