Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Maryport Harbour

Maryport

a Seaside Town in the county of Cumbria

Rhyl Harbour

Rhyl

in the county of Denbighshire

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "62"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:35 on 8th September 2015

You did just fine Ron....thank you!  Well..we did an leasure drive today up to Hood River and around Mt. Hood...up to Timberline Lodge and back into town. Maybe 3 hours at most...made my first Octoberfest dinner tonight. I've gained back 10 pounds this summer...I need to lose them again. Multnomah Falls rest stop was closed, we heard tonight couple of hikers fell and died. Must of been why the police were parked more so then ususal also on the freeway. Timberline was having live music until sunset, but we couldn' t figure out where and I was having an time breathing up there so we left that area...picked up new phone numbers for the Mt. Hood Rv Resort while going by for later on possibly...it's about as far as I'd go if it were snowing. They have nice cottages to rent with fireplaces...indoor swimming pool and restruants near by. Been piddling around since after dinner and I can't believe this so callled "Holiday" went so fast.So I go for now and tomarrow get the pantry re-arranged and be done with all. That sounds nice to me!

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 10:58 on 8th September 2015
Good Morning to all--have a nice daySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 05:17 on 9th September 2015

Couple of thiings tonight..one is the Waterford, Irelandl people not wanting to put an pharmacutical on an ancient celtic forrest in the area....they say people are going to say...I told you so about distrubing the "spirits" there...they might rear up some ugly heads over having their forrest leveled in the area. They were protesting in general anyway...but not getting far in fighting "big dollars" there.

Second thing is the missing kids in our National forrests...some are being seen carried away on the backs of what looks like hairy "bigfoots"...if they find theselittle kids, they are ussually stripped of shoes and clothing and dead...many are under 5 years old...cause of death is hyperthermia....and it's amazing how fast they tend to dissappear, dogs can't get an trae sent on them either....they are saying avout 1500 kids over the years...as I said manily under 10 years old. This guy named Dave over on Art Bell last night said if you go into the forrects over here...don't do it alone, do it with an gun and transporter device for communication...never be the last person nor the lead person...stay very close together while walking. Never take your kids off your eyes fro an second and even adults are missing. Ratio of 80 per cent males to 20 per cent female...and he had an list of all the things common in these missing kids. Itwas an bit scarey to listen to some of the things he said, and he said that the authorities don' t tend ot want to get involved....as i fthey might know the cause already and aren't saying.

Today was an lost cause around the house today more or less. Hot weather coming up...not going to enjoy it. Talk to you later on.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:40 on 9th September 2015

Shirley, if this 'Dave' is to be believed I have to ask where are the parents when the 'under five year olds' disappear, because if it were my kids I wouldn't take my eyes off of them at any time of day or night at that age? I reckon he is a good story teller.

Hi to all POEsters...what do you think about what Shirley has posted above, could it really happen do you think, or is 'Dave' pulling her leg?

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:41 on 9th September 2015

Good Afternoon folks --just got in from a morning out with the boss--she cant half spend.

Ron i think Shirley could be pulling your legLaughing

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 18:19 on 9th September 2015

We shall see James because Shirley reads these posts so I reckon a reprimand is in the making for you...

Go on Shirley let him him have it! lol

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 19:28 on 9th September 2015
Hi there --been to Southport to-day and bumped in to an old school mate not seen him for 25 years -had a good chat and meeting up again soon.Smile
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:21 on 10th September 2015

Hey up, no Shirley.

Hope 'Bigfoot' hasn't got you Shirley...lol

Hi to all POEsters, have a great day

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 12:50 on 10th September 2015
Good Afternoon to all --have a nice daySmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:54 on 11th September 2015

I'm here,,been an busy day today...buying my grandaughter granduation gift for next June none the less...and an "church apron"...two sided material on one side I will hand embroidery and peacock....in it's full glory.

It would be nice if ole Dave is pulling everyone's leg...but to many kids missing these days. The other night wasn' t the first time he's been on an talk radio show.

Last time he was "coast" and told us about an young couple that had rented an cabin near Lake Tahoe, or Mt. Shasta...had an swing out front, thier litle kid was out there swinging as they unpacked their car....they passed each other and looked over to find thier son "gone" they found him some 2miles away and 3,000 feet higher along side an mountain trail. Krron Horman dissappeared kid of like that only he was last seen in school and never made it home that day. Last time anyne saw him was outside the building on the school grounds. They have tried to accuse his step-mother of killing him or having an accomplilance do it for her.

Big foot is an prime subject, bu tthey also say due to our economy there are an lot o fhomeless people "living off the land" also. He had an list of priorities he sighted on air of the common traits of most of these missing kids...and good many of them are under 6 years old also. But it also goes in older people with disabilites of some kind also, many autuism.  Woman and her daughter under such circumstances...and husband/father stopped thier motor home at an rest stop...go to the bathroom...she told her mother because she was finsished first, she was going back to her dad....never got across the parking lot. Wide open "spot" couldn't be seen for miles around.  He says to never go out into the forrest these days without a gun and communication device of some kind. Never alone, don' tbe the first in line, don't be the last in line. Some of the little kids found alive have said things like the "teddy bear" made me lay next ot him so I wouldn't be cold, Most all of them are found naked without shoes or clothing....Dogs they call in can't get an "trace: on them either....area completely void of tracking sents. Very nysterious. They claim some policeman up near Seattle is feeding an family group of them, and doesn't want to expose them either....claims he's made freinds with them.  Yes, never leave your kids out of your sight and it's getting to be any family memebers along with it.

I was stocking my new Craft Center in the garage today....with some projects to work on after Christmas. Cross stitch, embroidery, painting, fixing things up also. So I was buying glue, needles, thread, paint, and few  craft books.  Still expenisve for th eleast of things these days. I got my grandaughter an light weight Singer portable sewing machine that has build in decorating stitches to it that was on sale...last one there. Plus some sewing notiions she will need to use it with also...like thread, bobbins, scissors, tape measure an tracing paper. I even saw some moccasins my grandson's could make themselves and got them some paint by number scene od birds to hand in thier room also. I have an whittling book with projects in it also...and some easy and quick outdoor projects....I'm hoping to make it an "everyone's room".  For my meditation room I picked up an book on churches of Ameri...with one of them Caves Cove, Tenneesee...there was an old Chief in the area whom gave his duaghter to my hubby's side of the family...she ended up with the Lucus family and there's been an argument ever since then about her and her being callled "cornflower" I think it was...this would of been the Joseph Murphy in the area that married Jane Barton'Larkin and kids married Hill family...married the Lawson's. So I was interested in this church. They said John Oliver built it....and I could read one of the tombstones, it had the Cooper family....this is the New England Larkin family and the Rogers in-law's. Not an very fancy church...but it was well used most likely. There are others in the area also. Book covers all across the USA...and chose very interesting churches to talk about. 

Suppose to be hot again tomarrow, they said that we have had so far 26 days of over 90 degrees this summer and the average is only 13.  WE welcome fall weather and if the Hispanic don' tlike it, they can go down to Mexico and stay an month or so....we have kidn fo "Had it" with sweating.

Do you think Prince William and Princess Kate will reveal how she deorated this country home of there's  they bought...when she done...I know they want their privacy, but we gals like taking an peek of what others do. She's still an trend setter you know in the world.

I must get going for now...long day. Talk to you later on. Be good...winks*