Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

St Mary & St Gabriel. The Rear of the Church, South Harting

South Harting

in the county of West Sussex

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to a Girl

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:14 on 2nd May 2015

It's a girl Shirley ....Duchess of Cambridge gives birth 08:34 this morning so a Princess and she weighed in at 8 pounds 3 ounces

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 11:15 on 2nd May 2015

So the question for some will now be what will the name be?

I'll go for Charlotte...Princess Charlotte.

What do you think members?

Rod BurkeyPremier Member - Click for more info
Rod Burkey
quotePosted at 11:38 on 2nd May 2015

Probably not Tracey or Jordan. Maybe Victoria?

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 12:13 on 2nd May 2015

Possible 62 Gun Salute in London on Monday?

The birth is fantastic news for our Royal Family and the Princess becomes fourth in line to the throne.

Wonder how Prince George will get on with his little sister?

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 16:39 on 2nd May 2015

I woke up this morning feeling just "out of it" and turned on TV...and there it was Duchess Kate delivers baby girl...I'm glad she didn't go on any longer.  She was tipping toward to big an baby had she gone on. I think she wanted the name of "Alice" at one time.  "Katie" might be nice for an middle name..S. for William's mother (Spencer family)....and  Cara for her mother Carol, and and "England" because the people adore  these two parents..and stand beside them...Elizabeth....for the Queen....that makes it..... Alice Katie S. Cara-Elizabeth England...but she probably has another name picked out...this one is appearing much to long.  Maybe she could shorten it down to Alice Katie S. Carol  Elizabeth (Windsor) ...I'm glad this one is up to her. She would naturally call her Alice Katie most the time. Maybe she should let her name herself...and just call her "You-Who" for an couple of years...Hey "You who" where are you?...no..I'm just joking an bit. It's not easy to get in all the names you might want somedays.

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 16:45 on 2nd May 2015

Good news.... and don' t forget to hug little George..he's got an " play mate" now.

It's getting time for Prince Harry to marry and join this melee of little kids

running around the palace over there.  I'm asking "God" to deliver someone special

to Harry to help him in his lifetime also.  Love "abounds" this day. Blessings to

everyone! 

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 19:16 on 2nd May 2015

I thought  tthis one over.....How about fo ran name....

Alicia S. Kayro Elizabeth Britainy Windsor..."..ASKE-Britainy" for an nikename. 

Ok..back to the drawing board on names.  

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
quotePosted at 00:23 on 3rd May 2015

I know two "Victoria's"...one died of diabetes,  Kathie Paines adopted mother.. the other one is an heart unit nurse in an hospital in West Portland, she's Dick O'Donnels wife...our scout master in  Boy Scouts all these years.  We are cleaning out the garage today...talk about memories...I'm going through old Christmascards we'd gotten...no, I don't toss them, I take the whole card with the writing on it and make keep sake boxes and give them back to the family's sent them to me often later on.  While I'm doing this hubby I see has found his first set of golf clubs also.Somethings you just can't ditch out the door..no matter how old they are.

I also buy an magazine out of England called "Victoria" monthly. Do you know what the Shirley Plantation in Jamestown, Va is known for...since it was founded in the 1600's..it's never been supported by any Government agency or company other then the tourist's that tour it yearly. That makes about 410 years it's been self-supporting in the USA and never filed bankruptcy either. One of the buildings an person can tour is the laundry house from back then also...in this estate home.    

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 07:46 on 4th May 2015
On 2nd May 2015 11:15, Ron Brind wrote:

So the question for some will now be what will the name be?

I'll go for Charlotte...Princess Charlotte.

What do you think members?

Seems the name Charlotte is up there with the favourites
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 09:50 on 4th May 2015

It seems we could be getting the name today after HM Queen Elizabeth has seen the new baby.

Not many members had a guess at the name, I wonder why?