Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Information Bureau at Snape Maltings

Snape

a Seaside Town in the county of Suffolk

Sheringham

Sheringham

a Seaside Town in the county of Norfolk

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Good Day "63"

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:11 on 23rd February 2016

No... today so far has been an crappy day also Ron....we left the hospital with my blood glucose at 223 on my metter and since my niece Emily was reading the hospital meter. she gave us an 140 reading.....I wokr up to an fasting reading at 315....it should be all the time under 180...and one month's of hard work wipped off the logs. This isi not what I wanted...I am now on  much more medication then what I started with...maybe it makes Mr. Jon Hoboson  happy to keep his patients imprisoned.....for an monthly check, but his patients are not happy ones. Hospital is backing him with an diagnoise of uncontrolled diabetes...whcih he cleverly put on my discharge visit from the last office appt...because he was talking then of going on to insulin I told him I didn't want it. That's what they have been shooting me up with at the hosptial for these high readings....BUT....it is not tellling me what the problem is to begin with. Until they get to the problem to begin with they have not resolved the medical problem. I have my chart workto show that I'd already taken things from 325 down to 177...so maybe why the high reading this morning, becausewe had no sugar fro dinner last night at all. I thre myhubby's coffe pot out the door this morning also with his acid, ulcer forming bitter tasting coffee. I have been an ranting witch all day long also...and that's what they like to do...keep you all upset so your readings stay high also. I knwo, my mother was killed in 3 years from the day they told her she was an diabetic.They murdered her....very quietly....looking innocent and knowledegable. Lesile's advice, never gpo to an doctor these days...you'll come out in worse medical condition then when you went in. She's an insurace adjustor...including health insurance. AS they say...what goes around come around as far as I'm concerned. Maybe time to curse King Henry VIII and his diabetes... like Mrs. BArton for killing her husband....he was scared of her...callled her an witch...probably because he knew what she was saying was the truth. WE talk over here these days about how everyone in society now is in some way dis-functional.The native americans say that it makes for an weak country...pyscially and mentally.-. and one that can not be strong on it's own to protect itself.

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 12:46 on 23rd February 2016
Hi to all POEsters wherever you are...
James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 13:59 on 23rd February 2016
Good Afternoon ---just been dragged round Morrisons -hence the delay--have a nice day allSmile
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 00:00 on 24th February 2016

Wish I culd say that, I have walked 5 miles today...the wind blowing it was icy cold also...so I stopped at the little businesses down the end of the street and bought me an cup of decafinated coffee....got my new blood glucose meter also...but have to have it calibrated as of yet...hoping my DIL will do it for me tonight..while hubby goes to scouts....he gets to buy his dinner. Neighbors got back today also. It's coming down now..my Blood glucose not to long ago it was reading 223 on my old meter...which was an lot lower then what the hospital had an couple of days ago....I have an ton of paper work to go over before the Dr. Appt in an day from now. All kinds of work to do over again in the food preparation area also.No fancy dinner tonight....tuna sandwhich with hal;f an green pepper and an small red apple.  For you information only....I'm told when you take "Glipzide" for diabetes...that what it does as it enhances your own insulin production....but when you take "mediformin" like I am doing now.....it takes 90 per cent of an sugar in your entire body and eliminates it through the urine. So if your not doing sugar, that's why the big loss in one month in the Blood glucose...and 7 pounds in weight...losing the weight isn't going as well as I expected...but I'm an heavy person with many fat cellls and so it is, I wonder if the fat cells do like water and surgar gets stored in them. Dr David told me one time...give him an half an hour  and with liposuction he'd take off at least 30 pounds...and most of that would be...fat cells. I understand now it's no operation...they can do it with drugs. My doctor isn't up with things much is he.hinks or it would of been an laternative he would of thought of  AS long as I know I can lose the weight on my own insulin, I'm not feeling why I should take it daily. I think there are things they are over looking as to the cause of this weight gain and blood sugar problem....I will know better when I'm down and stablized in the blood glucose. And yes, this is most likely what King James the VIII needed in help in doing also...as well as the liquor free wheeling life styles they use to enspouse back then.So, short on time, I better scoot for now. First tulip is now in bloom...it's an gorgeous red orange one....daffodils are out now also and most all the flowers are breaking buds....even our "Camillia" bush....always sets on beautiful flowers for Spring.The bright blue primroses also.

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
Posted at 08:28 on 24th February 2016

Don't give in Shirley, you'll get there mate!

Hi to all POEsters...

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:18 on 24th February 2016
Good Morning  enjoy the day.
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 04:30 on 25th February 2016

Not winning the battle so far, he put me on both Menaformin and Glipizide now.  We will see how next month goes an hope I survive it. AS far as I know, I'm not taking an over dose of anything as yet. It took his entire lounge for the patient to lay on today to lay out all the paperwork I've been doing and at that missed not taking about an week's papers.  I came home tired to say the least and made my eye exam today also for the end of next month. Walked three miles and went grocery shopping also. Took an bath and let the kitty cats out to romp and bit but still havent' fertilzed all my bulbs up and ready to bloom..maybe tomarrow. WE had some tropical Crab salad, coconut shrimp with sugar free orand and blackberry sauce and small green salad for dinner tonight. I took an afternoon nap also...I just felt like I couldn' t move or do any more until I rested an bit.....Like I was pushing myself....Bought two magazinesat the store, one was on  having an afternoon tea over in England, and some of the more famous places to go to also....history. Read on my book an bit tonight also. So...guess I'll make me some tea right now and talk to you all later on. Have an good evening..count your blessings... lot of damage by tornadoes this last couple of days back east in trailer home parts...even killed an toddler. Several in critical condition in the hosptial and of course whipped out thier homes....destroyed thier jobs. They are blaming it all on the El Nino jet stream.

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 14:14 on 25th February 2016
Good Afternoon to all---hows that little blonde Shirley??Wink
Sk Lawson
Sk Lawson
Posted at 22:49 on 25th February 2016

Yeah, she reminded me of an young Doris Day.....haven't seen her there....but ran into my husband's boss and his wife last Saturday on the walking path....followed by the trip to emergency hospital. I changed my routine James, I'm beginning to change all kinds of things right now, my shoes are now one size bigger then I wear...and I can pull my jeans up without un-buttoning them or unzipping them....I'm think of getting my hair restyled before easter...but if I can keep going down, I should be buying myself some new clothes by easter also. My lack of hearing is changing also...my left ear is crackling at times and I woke up to what sounded like backgroud radio talk going on....left the house, it was gone, came back home, it was there again. One reason the EPA is always out here testing our local reception.

Neighbors next door had two more trees cut down today.., I asked him if I could ask him how much it cost him, he said $1,700....but he did an small one for his neighbor beside him so I guess it could never fall into his yard either. So now all these trees can't fall into our yard and across or car. But it's going to be an big change. Globbal warming on these streets here in the summer feels more like hell has arrived. I hope the people with pets understand not to make them walk on the hot pavement...it burns their feet. That's why I go to some of the parks, because there's shade to to walk under.

I went grocery shopping also again.. pick up what I didn't yesterday at another store...it's pork chops and broccoli tonight...but I'm hankering for some Spaghetti...so I'm making "Paleo meatballs" and an heavy organic spaghetti sauce with mushrooms and more added....over spagehtti Squash, as I can't have pasta.  Lots of garlic in the mushroom too!...smiles* I did get some garden work done this morning and the bulbs fertilized. Azaleas...but I'm watching them as I may of lost most of them from last year already...they tell me it's the sun ultraviolet light these days. Anyway..I guess I get going...I'm back down to 210 in my noon blood glucose...but I'm still in the 300's every morning...and I don't eat surgar at night. I have no reason why it should ever be up high at all...except I have an bad psychic attatchment to me..... that needs to leave me.... on my health issues. So I go for now, start dinner. 

James Prescott
James Prescott
Posted at 09:33 on 26th February 2016
Good Morning --another interesting post from our Shirley --all we need to start the daySmile