Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Park Square Leeds

Leeds

in the county of West Yorkshire

Coleton Fishacre

Kingswear

in the county of Devon

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Midge Hall, Falling Foss, Sneaton Forrest, Whitby

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

Jack Newman
Jack Newman
quotePosted at 16:53 on 1st April 2008
I am now the proud owner of Midge Hall and feel very privileged to be the custodian of this magical place. My wife and I hope to recreate the Tea Garden and would very much like to see any pictures when it was owned by Mr and Mrs Robinson and to hear from anyone who has memories of visiting the tea rooms 
My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 16:56 on 1st April 2008

Congratulations Jack. 

I am going to have to look this up and see if it's anywhere near the places I visit on my trips over.

When do you think the Tea Garden will be open to visitors?

Jack Newman
Jack Newman
quotePosted at 17:12 on 1st April 2008
Hi Sue  We still have a lot of hurdles to jump; the major one is getting power to the property! All being well we hope to be up and running for August of this year. I look forward to serving you afternoon tea over looking Falling Foss waterfall. Best regardsJack

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 17:27 on 1st April 2008

I'll be booking a table for May of next year then. Falling Foss Waterfall, oh that sounds so beautiful. I must search out some pictures.

Good luck with all of the work, Jack; I know it will be so worth it in the end.

Peter Evans
Peter Evans
quotePosted at 17:44 on 1st April 2008

Hello Jack, welcome to the site. I hope you will enjoy it. Good luck with your venture into the tea rooms. If Sue comes to visit, be afraid, be very afraid. She is a joker as a few of us are here.lol.

Sorry I cant help with photo's, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you out here. Have you tried a search on here yet?

L
L
quotePosted at 21:44 on 1st April 2008
Hi Jack, welcome to this madhouse, and congrats on your new venture! (I'm not one of the jokers lol its the othersWink)
Brian Arlow
Brian Arlow
quotePosted at 21:54 on 1st April 2008
HI  Jack glad you have found this site i am coming to whitby at the end of the month for a few days hope you do well in your new venture pity its not open now
Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 15:28 on 2nd April 2008

Welcome to the best website and forum on the net Jack. I notice that you have already been warned about a few 'funny' people in the forum. My only advice would be to make a note of their names and keep them well away from your new venture...good luck incidentally!

By the way Jack 'good luck' isn't something that I get much of! In fact I have always said that when my ship comes in, I'll be waiting at the Railway Station! Enjoy the site!!

Jack Newman
Jack Newman
quotePosted at 12:34 on 3rd April 2008
Hi Peter and all Yes, I have looked on this site, there is one image posted and my hope is the person who uploaded it will have some more. Apparently his grandma use to live in the property! Someone also left a comment saying they use to visit Midge Hall when it was a tea garden – again I’m sure they would have lots of stories to tell. We really want to try and recreate the garden as close to the original as possible. Any tips gratefully received!
L
L
quotePosted at 16:15 on 3rd April 2008

Jack...is this where you mean?

http://www.nymcam.co.uk/050605.htm

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next >