'; ?>
Pictures of England

Search:

Historic Towns & Picturesque Villages

Eskdale ramble

Boot

a Picturesque Village in the county of Cumbria

A picture of RyeBath AbbeyA picture of Bath AbbeyBag End?A picture of Barton Le ClayA picture of Barton Le Clay

Places To Stay

**Please support PoE by donating today - thank you**

Brian Arlow
Brian Arlow
quotePosted at 17:59 on 7th November 2007

I thought it might be a good idea to share where we might have stayed when we have been on holiday or just overnight

i recently went to the lake district and syaed  4 days mainly for photographing

Istayed at an inn  in a village  called Winster. it was called the brown horse inn it was about 3 miles from Bowness it was areally good place to stay highly recomended for any one going to the lakes

My favourite: Pictures  |  Towns  |  Attractions
lucsa
lucsa
quotePosted at 19:18 on 9th November 2007

When we visit The New Forest (every year since 1995), we stay always in the same B&B in Brockenhurst.

It's the B&B "Seraya"

http://serayanewforest.co.uk/

Jason T
Jason T
quotePosted at 20:30 on 9th November 2007

We usually camp in my old VW camper,

in the lakes we stay at Castlerigg farm campsite, its very quiet, clean with jaw dropping surroundings. Its very close to castlerigg hall campsite, on same road, but its worth finding castlerigg farm.

When we go to doward, near Ross on wye, we stay at Doward park, again a quiet site, magical forest all around and symonds yat within walking distance.

Broadway house is a nice site, Near Cheddar gorge, its a little busier but really clean, get seperate bathrooms!!!! luxury when camping!! and its a mile from the gorge.Smile

Ron Brind
Ron Brind
quotePosted at 21:52 on 31st March 2008
VW Camper folks! Could this be Jamie Oliver in disguise, you never know do you? C'mon Jamie own up, the games over!!
Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 22:09 on 31st March 2008

I stay with my mate Judi in Hey-on-Wye, my cousin Brian near Castle Combe and my friends in Oxford, so I don't get to over night in any B&B's.

Many years ago, 24 actually, hubby and I spent our honeymoon in a little inn called The White Hart in the village of Ford, near Chippenham, Wilts (and about a mile from Castle Combe), it was a lovely place, we stayed there again on our 20th anniversary in '04, it had changed hands but was still very nice. Not 5 star, but doable.

When I went to the Isle of Skye the other year with a friend, we stayed at a wonderful B&B just outside Broadford, it was perfect and I could find the name of the place if anyone was interested.

What a great idea for a thread Brian.

Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 06:40 on 10th April 2008
I'll have an entire list to add here, I hope, at the end of JuneSmile
L
L
quotePosted at 07:17 on 10th April 2008
How long did you say you would be over here for Jen!!??? LOL
Jen Strath
Jen Strath
quotePosted at 08:14 on 10th April 2008
I've got 5 weeks Smile  Smile  of absolute bliss...no kids, no husband...just moi trailing about England!
Robert Mitchell
Robert Mitchell
quotePosted at 19:12 on 10th April 2008

Hi Sue, I visit Castle Combe 2 or 3 times a year, I will never tire of it. I have a few pics of it here taken last summer.

The White Hart was once my 'watering hole'  Smile

I work a lot in nearby Colerne and Thickwood,

Sue H
Sue H
quotePosted at 21:59 on 10th April 2008

Hello Robert.

I know Colerne as my cousin lives pretty near in Box. I LOVE the whole area, the little roads winding through the trees. I can't wait to be there again in May.

I will go and find your pictures. I know I've seen them, as I've looked through the Castle Combe pages before.

Please login to post to this thread...